• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   longgone

longgone

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,155 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

Finally,,,, my computer case has arrived. After having to order it a second time (first one got lost somewhere between Industry, CA and me (El Cajon, CA) about 140-150 miles. Must say it is nice, but might could sound like a freight train to. It has 4 120mm cooling fans. I noticed in this one that the HDD's are mounted vertically (on their sides) instead of horizontal, and the entire area where they mount is removable too. In case anyone wants to check it out it is a Raidmax Iceberg ATX-012WS. Start building tomorrow.
Dale

U.S. Navy (ret.) '62 - '84
Communications (Radioman)

Reg. Linux User 412421

#102 OFFLINE   sunrat

sunrat

Thread Kahuna

• Forum Moderators
  • 5,807 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:45 PM

Possibly 4 x 120mm fans should be fairly quiet if they are reasonable quality fans. Larger fans can spin slower, therefore less noise.
registered Linux user number 324659  ||    The importance of Reading The *Fine* Manual! :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.

#103 OFFLINE   Tushman

Tushman

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

View Postlonggone, on May 18 2011, 04:39 PM, said:

Must say it is nice, but might could sound like a freight train to. It has 4 120mm cooling fans.
I haven't worked with that case but I suspect the fan noise shouldn't be an issue.  I've got 3 x 120 mm fans plus a 200 mm fan in my case and they're actually pretty good.  The biggest noise emanates from my HSF and that's mostly because of the open grated area on top of my case.  As long as those fans are of good quality as Sunrat said, you shouldn't have a problem.  Sometimes those fans come with a speed controller so you can adjust the speed.

#104 OFFLINE   longgone

longgone

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,155 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:47 PM

:clap: B) :thumbsup:   Well ..  step 1,2 and 3 are done... New computer is built, 1st OS is installed and working, all mainboard chipset drivers are installed. Step 4, 5 and beyond, start the install of Linux OS's.As for the  fans, I am IMPRESSED, these are more quiet than the 2 80MM in my old box, AND, they are a purdy blue color.
Dale

U.S. Navy (ret.) '62 - '84
Communications (Radioman)

Reg. Linux User 412421

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users