Bill G stiffs waitress for coffee

Peachy, the title of the post caught my eye. I thought this was going to be one of those racy tell-all stories. B) I didn't know you could buy a $6.00 cup of coffee in S.D. :D For sure ole Bill has spent all the money I have sent him for M$ products.Of course, I don't hang out in places where you can buy $6.00 coffee, but S.D.?Ken

Peachy, the title of the post caught my eye.  I thought this was going to be one of those racy tell-all stories.  B) I didn't know you could buy a $6.00 cup of coffee in S.D.  :D  For sure ole Bill has spent all the money I have sent him for M$ products.Of course, I don't hang out in places where you can buy $6.00 coffee, but S.D.?Ken
I think the total bill was 6 dollars for all the coffee all of them drank. Not just Bill.

Needed a dictionary for this one: Stiffs: 1. Difficult to bend; rigid. 2. a. Not moving or operating easily or freely; resistant: a stiff hinge. -- b. Lacking ease or comfort of movement; not limber: a stiff neck. 3. Drawn tightly; taut. 4. a. Rigidly formal. -- b. Lacking ease or grace. 5. Not liquid, loose, or fluid; thick: stiff dough. 6. Firm, as in purpose; resolute. 7. Having a strong, swift, steady force or movement: a stiff current; a stiff breeze. 8. Potent or strong: a stiff drink. 9. Difficult, laborious, or arduous: a stiff hike; a stiff examination. 10. Difficult to comprehend or accept; harsh or severe: a stiff penalty. 11. Excessively high: a stiff price. 12. Nautical. Not heeling over much in spite of great wind or the press of the sail.So Peachy, please fill me in.B) Bruno

If I might jump in herestiff(stif)27. Slang - to fail or refuse to tip (a waiter, porter, etc.)28. Slang - to cheat; gyp; do out of B)

American slang for not paying your bill. Or in waiter/waitress terminology not getting a left a tip. Anytime you got a question, you come see me. I got a lot of making up to do.

Thanks the both of you ! I guess I just have a dirty mind.( but it´s a joy forever ! )B) Bruno

It must be a southern Ontario colloquism. To "stiff" somebody means to not pay them for something you bought. B) It must also be a South Dakota slang since the waitress was quoted as saying "stiffed". Gee, I'm about the same latitude as South Dakota but its about 800 miles west of here.

Thanks the both of you ! I guess I just have a dirty mind.( but it´s a joy forever ! )B) Bruno
Lol, I think I like your translation better. No, in fact, I know I do. That makes Peachy's title way more of an interesting story!!!!

Thanks the both of you ! I guess I just have a dirty mind.( but it´s a joy forever ! ):blink: Bruno
Lol, I think I like your translation better. No, in fact, I know I do. That makes Peachy's title way more of an interesting story!!!!
If we are using Bruno's "definition", Mr. Gates has "stiffed" quite a few of us.

I see your treatment of those who serve coffee is similar everywhere, by everyone. Now you know why I accepted my appointment. Hey Scot...do you think when BillG. orders coffee for himself and Steve, he askes for "dos coffees"? :blink: