Problems with spell checker

jbredmound

jbredmound

I really need some advise. Every time that I run my spell checker (M$ version or Ispell, it targets "jbredmound" and wants to make it jbredmond! I know that Washington and Wisconsin both start with Ws, and Redmound and Redmond both start with Rs, but I think that is a weak excuse.I believe it may be a conspiracy, either to subliminally re-educate me, or to discredit me personally.Optionally, it might be the same aliens who took over Bill G, trying to contact me.Other than swearing off spell checkers, or becoming a member of the Wisconsin militia, what should I do?I moved all the way to Wisconsin to put more distance between myself and him, but he seems to be following me...Your advise is appreciated.Thanks,jbredmond

:lol:I see that spell check changed your name in the end... LOL... You close with:

Thanks,jbredmond
When it should be jbredmound.;)

jb, I have found the perfect spellchecker solution! ;) What's so great about it is that it will never annoy you needlessly with false "misspellings." *You* are in complete control of every word you spell-check!Other features:--Compatible with any OS -- Windows 95, 98, 2000/NT, XP, all flavors of Linux, BeOS, FreeBSD, OSX, ABC, DEF, & XYZ, and all future versions and things not even dreamed of yet.--Rarely needs upgrading. Implementations still actively in use are often 30 years or more older, and they still work great! *You* decide when you want to upgrade, it will never force you to.--Integrates nicely into almost any desktop environment. Comes in a variety of attractive skins, or make your own!--Ample customization options with commonly available household items, such as pens or pencils. No special equipment needed!--Totally unique (yet non-proprietary) "self-learning" tool unlike anything found in any other spellchecker! For example, personally I always had trouble with the word "privilege," often not sure about that second "i" and always wanting to insert a "d" somewhere. Previous spellcheckers I used would always catch my error, but did nothing to prevent me from making the error again. This spellchecker, however, taught me how to spell "privilege" after using it only twice! It really maximizes the return on your investment -- the more you use it, the less you'll need to use it in the future!--Many versions can double as a doorstop!I am, of course, talking about something called a "dictionary." ;) I should add that most versions also have definitions, so that not only can you be sure of spelling a word correctly, you can also be sure you're using the correct word. The one I use is called "The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language" v3.0 (or Third Edition, something like that) -- I know there are more recent versions out there, but honestly I haven't felt the need to upgrade. Mine still works like new, and it has many helpful illustrations and fascinating word derivations! There are many other dictionaries available, however, and you can pick them up dirt cheap used.Give one a try!! ;) --Michael

LOLI agree with Arena, change your name man!Go incognito.You can't go against spell checker, it's impossible.Many people tried but they all failed.Spell checker is the almighty.So fold down, change the name to JB, or similar where you won't get under Spellchecker influence and you are safe. ;)

Guest Paracelsus

Am I missing something here?? :) Don't most spell checkers have an option such as, "Learn" or "Add"??... That gives you the option of including a word in the checkers dictionary that it might normally want to change to something else.Perhaps I just haven't had enough caffeine this morning, and am taking this all too literally?? :) ;)

Am I missing something here?? :) Don't most spell checkers have an option such as, "Learn" or "Add"??... That gives you the option of including a word in the checkers dictionary that it might normally want to change to something else.Perhaps I just haven't had enough caffeine this morning, and am taking this all too literally?? :)  ;)
Paracelsus - Did you just view newest messages and not pay attention to where they are posted? Welcome to the water cooler by the way. I thought you forgot it existed. No a dictionary with add would only complicate things. Then the aliens that come through the phone lines would figure out who he really is. I mean after all, if we were going to be literal, I believe it would be J & B (Isn't there a Scotch by that name?) from Redmound. You know JB has that split personality thing going on........Maybe he just asked it in too serious of a tone of voice. He must have forgotten his: :( :) :) :) :( :( ;) :) :( :) :( :( :) :) :( :) __________________Never taken seriously

jbredmound

D-i-c-t-i-o-n-a-r-y...getting ready to Google...Ahh, here's one... Rambling House Dictionary...published by Redmond Printing... delivered to your door by Black Helicopter Freight Systems! :( :( :( :o :o B) Funked and Wagewar New World Dictionary...edited by Bill and Steve... :( ... :o :o :o ... :D New Collegiate, Drop out Edition...Harvard Press..Copywrite M$ Learning Systems... :( ... B) . :( . B) . B) B) Maybe I should try "Thesaurus"?

I believe it may be a conspiracy, either to subliminally re-educate me, or to discredit me personally.Optionally, it might be the same aliens who took over Bill G, trying to contact me.Other than swearing off spell checkers, or becoming a member of the Wisconsin militia, what should I do?
<soothing tone of voice> The answer is in crop circles. Go find alien-created crop circles and you will know the answers to all of your questions.

jbredmound
[<soothing tone of voice> The answer is in crop circles.  Go find alien-created crop circles and you will know the answers to all of your questions.
Those are alien? I thought they were just remnants of those "drunken tractor orgies" that are so popular out here in the Midwest!I'm going to check it out! :rolleyes:

That explains it. That it explains it all. As our plane flew from Detroit to Kansas City I noticed that as we were going there were a lot of strange looking designs in the fields. What about the one that was a maze? I could not see what was going on in the middle. The censor clouds were hanging too low! :D :lol: :ph34r: :D :lol: