- Well, the house builder didn't put in the best quality system. We don't sell these units anymore and if you don't look after them you probably are looking at a 10-year life - it's now going on 14.
- Of course, you do look after it so that is a good sign you'll get a longer life.
- Installation is important and looking at the tags I see this system was installed by the best tech in the company at the time. He is now a college HVAC instructor.
- This furnace seems to be a particularly good example. The combustion test I ran is well within spec - no problems with the heat exchanger or burners - very clean.
- The A/C evaporator coil looks very clean as well and no signs of leaks or corrosion. The condensing unit is getting old but a start kit was put on a few years ago and that makes it a lot easier on the compressor so that is good.
So does that give you a warm and fuzzy feeling or what?