Linspire and Webmin

lewmur

I'm trying to setup Webmin on a Linspire distro. It installs fine but when I run it, it won't allow me to login. I'm trying to login as "root" and I'm using the correct "root password."

Exactly what error message do you get?
The first two times I try, it merely says that the login failed and to try again. The third time, it says that access is denied because of too many failed attemps. IOW, it just isn't accepting my root password, even though it is the correct password because it does allow me to login to the system as root.

nlinecomputers

Unless this version of webmin was setup by Lindows, ur Linspire then it will NOT have any users or passwords setup. If you d-loaded it off the webmin site or used CNR then I suspect that the password for Root is blank!You can setup webmin to use your user database passwords but that isn't the default, nor is it even recomminded.

Unless this version of webmin was setup by Lindows, ur Linspire then it will NOT have any users or passwords setup.  If you d-loaded it off the webmin site or used CNR then I suspect that the password for Root is blank!You can setup webmin to use your user database passwords but that isn't the default, nor is it even recomminded.
I did install it via CNR. But blank doesn't work either.

Like I figured the password is BLANK.  I.E. no password.Try this link.  http://www.webmin.com/faq.htmlIt has info and how to change the password.  If that doesn't work uninstall it and reinstall it and use no password on first use.
changepass.pl solved the problem.Thanks