What Screen Resolution Do You Use

epp_b

What Screen Resolution Do You Use  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This poll is mainly out of sheer curiosity. I use SXGA on my 17" CRT for my desktop, and XGA on my 13.3" notebook. I'd *love* to be able to run SXGA (or better) on a notebook, but those are expensive :blink:edit: doh! Typo in the poll...SVGV should be SVGA. And if you use more than one computer and/or monitor, just specify the resolution for the one you use most.

I forgot to change the monitor back to 800x600 one time at work and the next person that came in was like what happened to the monitor - I explained how they can change it back if I forget again, cause I am not gonna run 800x600. Icons are huge - actually scary

1280x1024 and no going back when you have a 17". For 15" monitors I try for 1024x768 only if the refresh rate can be set to 75 Hz. 60 Hz is really painful after an hour of staring at the screen. I'd love to have a 19" display so I can go to 1600x1200.

1024x768 is so much prettier, but I can't read it !!  ;)
I would have to agree on that. I had a 12" CRT for the longest time on a really crappy video card -- had to run 640x480 (ouch!). I got a new machine, sans monitor, and ran 800x600 until I discovered I could run 1024x760 -- really tiny though ;)
Wish I could go higher, but am kinda stuck with 800x600 due to eye sight issues.
Oh no! Is this an age thing or a condition? (please forgive the tactlessness in that question)I'm only 17, maybe that's why I can run 1280x1024 on a 17" CRT @ 75 Hz sitting 3 feet away and still focus my eyes without tearing by 11:00 pm :PBut it would be great to have this and run 1600x1200, or maybe even higher if I were made of money and had this ;)

Run 1280x1024 at home on my 17" monitor... keep eyeing the 19" ones as I'd really like to upgrade to a flat-screen CRT... Run 1600x1200 at work on at 19"... most everyone else runs 800x600 or 1024x768, and everybody asks me "how can you read that?" or "can you actually see anything?" :DI do generally up the font size a little bit to make it easier on the eyes without giving up my screen real estate.Our main program at work is locked to an 800x600 window. I can have it open, a spreadsheet, and my two other database programs all showing normally... Everyone else has to hide things to get to the program they want, I just look at the other half of the screen ;)

Cluttermagnet

800 x 600 on my 17 inch monitors. Sometimes the horizontal scrollbars get on my nerves. I suppose I ought to try the 1024 x 760. Don't quite remember what the issues were- maybe small print like LilBambi Mentioned- but I seem to keep coming back to 800 x 600. I certainly have good enough graphics cards and fast enough CPU's that I ought to be able to switch. Maybe I will play around a bit with the bigger screens again.BTW my personal web page is in some need of a makeover, as I went with a fixed width presentation to fit 640 x 480 screens. There are still some of them out there. I drew the line at Web TV, however, eventually concluding that people who use that are not really serious about computers and must learn to live with all the bollixed up displays that they get served. I'm sure my pages, some 60+ of them, all look pretty stupid on the bigger screens. I sometimes get mad myself when guys with large screens design their web pages only for that format. My next design will allow the user's setup to determine the width and as much else as possible, as it should be. My present page got designed by a rookie nearly 6 years ago. I have learned a lot more since then. ;)

"Some obscure resolution"I use 1152 x 864 on this here 17" monitor. I want to use 1280 x 1024, but 60 hZ well...hurts. Can't go any higher than that :thumbsup: The other resolutions (1280 x 720, 1280 x 768) will allow a higher refresh rate, but are too narrow. 1280 x 960 also keeps me at 60 hZ.I like 1152 x 864 though.

1024 x 768 on a Dell 17" CRT. I sit 2 ft away and wear 1.5 power reading glasses. Had to start using the reading glasses after getting LASIK a few years back.Note that through the Display Properties|Appearance menu, you can adjust the icon size and spacing which may allow some of you that want, to try and run at a higher resolution. I've actually reduced the size of the icons to 25 pixel icon size (default is 32 pixels). My icon spacing is 43 pixels horizontally and vertically.

800x600 on desktop 17"CRT, tried 1024x768 but my "mature" eyes couldn't get used to the tiny size.Both notebooks run 1024x768 and I'm fine with that on the notebooks. I guess I haven't figured out how to tweak the desktop pc so it looks like the nb (course it could also be the difference between LCD and CRT that has some effect on my eyes).

Visit http://www.thecounter.com/stats to view the Global Statistics of the various settings used by the users of the counter.The ideal resolution depends on the screen size, the kind of monitor (CRT or LCD), and the vision of the person doing the viewing. LCD monitors have a native resolution for the screen that can be changed but usually with an inferior image quality.Eric,http://www.legge40.freeserve.co.uk/BuyerBeware.htm