32 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   LLfan

LLfan

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 02:53 AM

Got it all setup using firewire now...thanks for the recomendation of going PCI Brian.  :) Love'n it!  Absolutely loving it!  It's brilliant setup, fantastic navigation, and more options and song playing groups make this my new favorite toy and certainly worth the $.Mike(Curretnly importing and jammin')

#27 OFFLINE   SonicDragon

SonicDragon

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 09:07 AM

Great to hear!!

#28 OFFLINE   Arena2045

Arena2045

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 11:37 AM

LLfan, on May 22 2004, 01:55 AM, said:

Got it all setup using firewire now...thanks for the recomendation of going PCI Brian.  :thumbsup: Love'n it!  Absolutely loving it!  It's brilliant setup, fantastic navigation, and more options and song playing groups make this my new favorite toy and certainly worth the $.Mike(Curretnly importing and jammin')
Cool!Curious... what format and bit rate are you importing your songs at?

#29 OFFLINE   LLfan

LLfan

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 12:04 PM

LOL, um...the default?  :lol: Honestly, I set it up to open iTunes upon connection of my iPod, and just sync it.  I did however take a look when I read your post and it seems I am using apple's AAC format and a bit rate of 128 (which I think is comporable to 'cd quality').  If you have some setting tweaks you think I could benefit from please share them...I'm so out of it I still can't find the power button on the iPod!  :(  ;) Mike

#30 OFFLINE   SonicDragon

SonicDragon

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 12:09 PM

I'm so out of it I still can't find the power button on the iPod!
The play button ;) touching it will turn it on, and holding it down will turn it off. Holding down the menu button will light up the iPod! Very pretty  :( I don't know anything about the different audio formats except that AAC doesn't work on linux :lol:

#31 OFFLINE   LLfan

LLfan

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 12:26 PM

SonicDragon, on May 23 2004, 12:11 PM, said:

I'm so out of it I still can't find the power button on the iPod!
The play button ;) touching it will turn it on, and holding it down will turn it off. Holding down the menu button will light up the iPod! Very pretty  :( I don't know anything about the different audio formats except that AAC doesn't work on linux :lol:
>>The play button<<Is this the same as the 'sleep' option?  Seems to function in the same respect.Another strange issue...I charged my iPod last night after it being completely drained.  I charged it for 6 hours (the extent of my sleep) and when I turned it on this morning the battery display was showing little charge.  Then, after running it for about 5 mins, it slowly changed.  Is this normal?AND, speaking of the battery, how would I replace this sucker?  It seems there are no screws and 'prying' on this 3 inch, $300 radio seems like a really bad idea.

#32 OFFLINE   Arena2045

Arena2045

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 12:42 PM

>>The play button<<Is this the same as the 'sleep' option?  Seems to function in the same respect.
Yes thats the same thing basically.  Just make sure you use the Hold switch when you shut it down, it will preserve the battery life (trust me).

Another strange issue...I charged my iPod last night after it being completely drained.  I charged it for 6 hours (the extent of my sleep) and when I turned it on this morning the battery display was showing little charge.  Then, after running it for about 5 mins, it slowly changed.  Is this normal?
VERY NORMAL.  The battery status takes a while to refresh it's self.  Apple recomends that you just go ahead and listen to your music, and if they are average length songs the status bar will reach its goal after about 1 or maybe 2 songs.  Don't be alarmed if it never reaches 100%, the status bar isn't the best.

AND, speaking of the battery, how would I replace this sucker?  It seems there are no screws and 'prying' on this 3 inch, $300 radio seems like a really bad idea.
There is no way to replace it by your self without voiding the warranty. However there are some companies that sell kits that let you do it, or you can send it into them and they will replace it for you.HOWEVER, I would recommend that you invest in the iPod Apple Care Protection plan before the introductory service runs out.  It's getting a little bit more expensive isn't it?  But the iPod Apple Care Plan covers your iPod for a total of 2 extra years so you get 3 years out of the warranty.  Go to the Apple Store, then on the left side bar look for Apple Care... You will see it listed there, click the blue arrow for more info and what all it covers.Don't think that non-removable batteries are unique to the iPod, a lot of devices have them, and yeah it sucks... but it's something that we have to live with... and the iPod doesn't have a built in Radio (yet! I'm sure it will come in the next gen).Awesome Sources of Info:http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/http://www.ipodlounge.com/If you want a KICK ASS case/skin, I recommend the eVo (I have 4 of them ;))http://www.iskin.com/evo.html

#33 OFFLINE   LLfan

LLfan

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 12:53 PM

oooh, perdy!  And I love the idea of customizing (tattoo)! Thanks for all the help.Mike

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users