RIP Karen Kenworthy

I read about her passing on Fred Langa's blog this morning.She of Karen's Power Tools fame and a writer for Windows Magazine, passed away Tuesday, April 12th. I subscribed to her Power Tools Newsletter, and the last one I received was in March of last year, and I knew she was having health problems. She had a way of writing as though she was addressing you personally. Karen S. Kenworthy Obit. :hysterical:

Guest LilBambi

RIP Karen! One of the group from the old WinMag days... sorry to hear about her passing.Hopefully her family will keep her Karen's PowerTools site up.She has some great tools that worked very well. And they all are compatible with Windows 7 as well as previous versions of Windows.

Guest LilBambi

Speaking of WinMag ... here's an article by Karen Kenworthy about WinMag's demise:

Winmag.comA lot of people have written and expressed sadness over the passing of Winmag.com. It's true, the site is closing, and all but a handful of employees have been laid off. While I was never an employee of Winmag.com or its predecessor (Windows Magazine), I did contribute to both publications continuously for nine years. It was a big part of my life, and I miss it. Apparently many of you do too.
More on the page...

Guest LilBambi

Here's the link to Fred Langa's Posterous posting about Karen's passing:RIP Karen Kenworthy:

Karen Kenworthy wrote a very popular column for Windows Magazine, when I was there. She was as good a programmer (I still use some of her "Karenware" software today) as she was a wordsmith (her readers loved her stuff). I have none but positive memories of working with Karen.
Fred received an email from Karen's brother.

RIP, Karen. Your tools were very useful in my old Windows days and your newsletter was often a source of feelgood and inspiration.

e-mail to newsletter subscribers:

Dear Friends, I suspect that many of you have noticed that the last issue of Karen©s Power Tools Newsletter was dated March 17, 2010, and you may have been anxiously awaiting another. It is with great sadness that I write to tell you of Karen©s death on April 12, 2011, after a long struggle with several debilitations, including diabetes. I know that Karen touched many of you with her kindness, wit, creativity and encouragement. She was a loving daughter, sister, aunt and friend. And she was a pretty darned good programmer, too. We are deeply grieving her loss. For now, Karen©s server is still running, the programs she has written can still be downloaded, and donations can still be made through the website. We are also working to fill all CD orders that have been submitted or mailed. It is difficult to make business decisions while grieving. So, at this point, I cannot say what will be the future of KarenWare.com, except to say that we will certainly continue Karen©s commitment to safeguard your privacy as shown at the Privacy link of KarenWare.com. Many of you have already written many kinds words of condolence and comfort. Please know that we greatly appreciate you. If you care to make a contribution in her honor, she was a long-time supporter of The Dohnavur Fellowship, a special children©s ministry in southern India. You can learn more about them at www.DohnavurFellowship.org. All we ask is that you remember her whenever you take the case off of your computer, contemplate removing entries from your Windows Registry, listen to Bob Wills or Riders in the Sky, or wave and say ©Hi!© to anyone on the ©net. May God richly bless you, as He has all those who knew Karen. Bill Kenworthy Karen©s brother