• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,548 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 10:10 PM

let's see if this works...let's see if this works...yep!Got it! It was the 'Windows' key that equates to the Command Key % (not the CTRL key like I thought). The alt key has the apple emblem and it's the Option key.Yea!
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#27 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 11:08 PM

Did you install the software for the Kensington keyboard so all the buttons work properly?Adam
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#28 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,548 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:13 AM

Am hoping not to need it. It is working now with Command and Option now that I know what ones it is.The Mac Mini knew exactly what Keyboard and Mouse I am using so I don't think that was it. I think it was just me. B)
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#29 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,548 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:46 AM

Got my Thunderbird Profile copied over and set up in the Mac. Works nicely once you realize that the instructions they give for copying your profile don't work as expected.I just used the same method I used in Linux. Opened up the prefs.js after allowing Thunderbird to start to create a profile which deposits a numbered/letter.default profile and then change the location for the actual file paths to correlate to what the Mac wants:~/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/profile.name/And also copy all the dirs for the profile and mail, and most files (I left any of my extensions out and will see what works in the Mac before installing them since I don't make use of many in Thunderbird anyway) into the newly created profile structure.They tell you not to edit that 'auto-generated' prefs.js, but if you don't it just doesn't work. At least it didn't for my nearly 2G profile.Then it was just a matter of going to each of my nearly 50 folders and at least 5-20 subfolders    under about 20 of those folders. I have the same profile I have had since I started using Thunderbird in Windows, Linux and now Mac.Pretty cool but it took me some time to figure out that I just needed to do what I did in Linux. LOL!
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#30 OFFLINE   volunteer

volunteer

Message Mogul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:09 PM

View PostLilBambi, on Dec 27 2006, 11:46 PM, said:

Got my Thunderbird Profile copied over and set up in the Mac. Works nicely once you realize that the instructions they give for copying your profile don't work as expected.I just used the same method I used in Linux. Opened up the prefs.js after allowing Thunderbird to start to create a profile which deposits a numbered/letter.default profile and then change the location for the actual file paths to correlate to what the Mac wants:~/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/profile.name/And also copy all the dirs for the profile and mail, and most files (I left any of my extensions out and will see what works in the Mac before installing them since I don't make use of many in Thunderbird anyway) into the newly created profile structure.They tell you not to edit that 'auto-generated' prefs.js, but if you don't it just doesn't work. At least it didn't for my nearly 2G profile.Then it was just a matter of going to each of my nearly 50 folders and at least 5-20 subfolders    under about 20 of those folders. I have the same profile I have had since I started using Thunderbird in Windows, Linux and now Mac.Pretty cool but it took me some time to figure out that I just needed to do what I did in Linux. LOL!
I'm late to congratulate you on the new Mac. I know you will quickly master it with all the great Mac users there to help. I'm still stumbling along with XP and Kubuntu. I bought a Ubuntu book and finally learning a lot by READING the manual.

#31 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,548 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:14 PM

View Postvolunteer, on Dec 28 2006, 07:09 PM, said:

I'm late to congratulate you on the new Mac. I know you will quickly master it with all the great Mac users there to help. I'm still stumbling along with XP and Kubuntu. I bought a Ubuntu book and finally learning a lot by READING the manual.
Thanks! I am thoroughly enjoying the Mac. Can't help it LOL! It's fun to use something new and totally different. And I have always wanted, but couldn't afford a Mac. So, this has been a real blessing to me.Side Note: Kubuntu is beautiful as well! I bet you are enjoying them! I know I am. I went with Ubuntu since I am on dialup and use more Gnome apps than KDE apps. But I have my story over in ATL on that: Ubuntu Installation
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#32 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,548 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:20 AM

Took the Mac Mini to a place in Williamsburg that has broadband, and got all the updates ... and three reboots later, all updated! :thumbsup:Boy were there some updates! Huge for a dialup user. But done in less than an hour or so on broadband even with reboots.Last reboot wasn't necessary, but it was an airport update for WPA so I rebooted anyway.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#33 OFFLINE   zlim

zlim

It's me, plodr

• Forum MVP
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:06 PM

Broadband is sweet. It is a shame that it isn't an option in your area. At least you don't have to overpay for dialup. Someone moved to Iowa and I never realized how bad Iowa is just for dialup. Iowa telecom is a monopoly (worse than Verizon). He pays $20/month for dialup because there is 1 access number so he doesn't have choices for dialup providers. If he wants dsl and not too speedy, he would pay anywhere from $40 to $60 month! At that rate, it's cheaper to get into the car and drive somewhere that has free broadband. He goes to the library.
Liz
Registered Linux User # 401459
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users