11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 24,660 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:21 PM

https://www.transmen...project-closed/

She could of offered it to the community for pete's sake. It wasn't a very involved site anyway. Sheesh
Posted ImagePosted Image
Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#2 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,874 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:50 PM

Too bad. :'(
Maybe someone will pick it up?

Edited by ebrke, 18 December 2018 - 06:51 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,769 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:23 PM

A little more info here...

https://en.wikipedia...i/Linux_Counter

#4 OFFLINE   sunrat

sunrat

Thread Kahuna

• Forum Moderators
  • 5,946 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:43 PM

Shame it's gone but I don't think it ever had enough participants to be statistically relevant.
registered Linux user number 324659  ||    The importance of Reading The *Fine* Manual! :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.

#5 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,769 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:59 PM

Yeah... but it was fun! :)

#6 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 24,660 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:00 PM

View PostV.T. Eric Layton, on 18 December 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

Yeah... but it was fun! :)

That was my thoughts as well. They could of emailed people so that they could have a chance to export their info.
Posted ImagePosted Image

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#7 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:15 AM

Was there really any point to the past few years?
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C. S. Lewis

#8 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 24,660 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 07:34 AM

View Postcrp, on 19 December 2018 - 02:15 AM, said:

Was there really any point to the past few years?

I have been updating my entries every time I get a new machine. I just updated my entry less than a month ago for my new Ryzen build so yeah, people used it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,769 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:12 AM

There was a time, when I was proud to have the counter number in my sigs on boards around the Net. It's sad that she didn't make an open plea for some help regarding server time, etc. Judging from her blog, though, she's been involved in other pursuits and experiencing major life changes. More power to her! I hope all goes well for her. As for the Linux Counter Project... oh, well. Nothing lasts forever.

#10 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 07:03 AM

Little bit more information here,

https://www.transmen...project-closed/

I have not the power anymore to further maintain this project. You know, your support to my person and my transition was absolutely awesome. But I had absolutely no help or support with developing and maintaining this project. There were nearly no donations at all over the years, I had to pay everything (server and such) by myself. And nobody tried to help me with the administration or the maintaining. And thus, as already calmly announced on facebook, I will now close this project.

:breakfast:
Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 24,660 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:27 AM

Well, I get it but running a website is pretty cheap. You can host a website yourself with as little as $5 a month.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 OFFLINE   mlangdn

mlangdn

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 12:06 PM

I hadn't updated my info in several years. I don't even know my number or even where it is at. Got really lazy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users