openSUSE Linux Arrives On Windows 10

abarbarian

Who would have thought it possible a few years ago ! Microsoft giving love to the penguin, is the end of the world in sight :228823:

All hail the Green Linux!

Sr. Product Manager SUSE Linux Enterprise SUSE, Hannes Kühnemund, has written a blog post and described how to run openSUSE Leap 42.2 and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP2 on Windows 10. Now, by running simple commands, the users can install SUSE Linux distributions in Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). The company has also prepared a detailed blog post and described the whole procedure. For those who don’t know, by default, Microsoft enabled Ubuntu within WSL.

Never tried SUSE myself but have a couple of mates who swear by it and SUSE has been alive and kicking since 1992, which I believe is longer than Microsoft.

In a blog post, Sr. Product Manager SUSE Linux Enterprise SUSE, Hannes Kühnemund, has said that SUSE is in the business since 1992, thus, they’re very dependable.

The penguin march is slow but relentless. :Muahaha:

• Like 1

What's the odds on Microsoft making a takeover bid on Linux. Their investors are getting less return as Linux grows.

I live in dred of dat dred ting hapenin man .

Ps , one of my lassies is in Tahiti . Is that an independent state.

• Like 1

What's the odds on Microsoft making a takeover bid on Linux. Their investors are getting less return as Linux grows.

I live in dred of dat dred ting hapenin man .

Ps , one of my lassies is in Tahiti . Is that an independent state.

They will definitely jump on the penguin bandwagon if it makes money whilst their windows start to crack. :breakfast: