install problem

Noonmid27

hi guys hi guysi get this error message when i try and install the Net::Pcap module.....this module actually requires libpcap which i downloaded and installed. now when i try to install Net::Pcap i get this message. this is the output before i do make install.looking for -lpcap... yeschecking for pcap_lib_version() in -lpcap... yesdetecting available functions... okWARNING: LICENSE is not a known parameter.'LICENSE' is not a known MakeMaker parameter name.Writing Makefile for Net::Pcapthen i get this error message after doing make installcc -c -Wall -Wwrite-strings -O2 -march=i486 -mtune=i686 -DVERSION=\"0.16\" -DXS_VERSION=\"0.16\" -fPIC "-I/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i486-linux/CORE" -DHAVE_BLANK -DHAVE_PCAP_LIB_VERSION Pcap.cIn file included from Pcap.xs:43:stubs.inc:85:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_findalldevs() is not available, but will be emulated"In file included from Pcap.xs:43:stubs.inc:91: error: redefinition of `struct pcap_if'stubs.inc:113:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_breakloop() is not available"stubs.inc:127:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_setnonblock() is not available"stubs.inc:142:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_getnonblock() is not available"stubs.inc:157:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_dump_file() is not available"stubs.inc:172:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_dump_flush() is not available"stubs.inc:187:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_list_datalinks() is not available"stubs.inc:202:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_set_datalink() is not available"stubs.inc:217:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_datalink_name_to_val() is not available"stubs.inc:232:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_datalink_val_to_name() is not available"stubs.inc:247:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_datalink_val_to_description() is not available"stubs.inc:262:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_compile_nopcap() is not available"stubs.inc:267: error: conflicting types for 'pcap_compile_nopcap'/usr/local/include/pcap.h:245: error: previous declaration of 'pcap_compile_nopcap' was herestubs.inc:267: error: conflicting types for 'pcap_compile_nopcap'/usr/local/include/pcap.h:245: error: previous declaration of 'pcap_compile_nopcap' was herestubs.inc:277:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_get_selectable_fd() is not available"stubs.inc:292:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_next_ex() is not available"stubs.inc:307:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_sendpacket() is not available"stubs.inc:322:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_createsrcstr() is not available"stubs.inc:337:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_parsesrcstr() is not available"stubs.inc:352:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_open() is not available"stubs.inc:373:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_setbuff() is not available"stubs.inc:388:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_setuserbuffer() is not available"stubs.inc:403:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_setmode() is not available"stubs.inc:418:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_setmintocopy() is not available"stubs.inc:433:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_sendqueue_alloc() is not available"stubs.inc:455:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_sendqueue_destroy() is not available"stubs.inc:469:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_sendqueue_queue() is not available"stubs.inc:484:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_sendqueue_transmit() is not available"stubs.inc:499:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_event() is not available"stubs.inc:514:2: warning: #warning "the function pcap_setsampling() is not available"Pcap.c: In function `XS_Net__Pcap_dump_file':Pcap.c:1083: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newGVgen' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:1085: warning: passing arg 2 of `Perl_do_open' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c: In function `XS_Net__Pcap_strerror':Pcap.c:1384: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c: In function `XS_Net__Pcap_file':Pcap.c:1428: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newGVgen' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:1430: warning: passing arg 2 of `Perl_do_open' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c: In function `boot_Net__Pcap':Pcap.c:2050: warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2054: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2055: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2056: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2057: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2058: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2059: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2060: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2061: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2062: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2063: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2064: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2065: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2066: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2067: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2068: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2069: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2070: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2071: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2072: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2073: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2074: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2075: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2076: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2077: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2078: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2079: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2080: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2081: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2082: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2083: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2084: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2085: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2086: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2087: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2088: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2089: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2090: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2091: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2092: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2093: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2094: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2095: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2096: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2097: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2098: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2099: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2100: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2101: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2102: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2103: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2104: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2105: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2106: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typePcap.c:2107: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_newXS' discards qualifiers from pointer target typemake: *** [Pcap.o] Error 1how can i fix this problem these modules are for perl.

Hi Noon . . . what distro are you installing this in ? . . And is there no package suitable for your distro ?B) Bruno
its vector linux 5.8........well the libpcap library was not available so i downloaded it..........installed it, the install went fine. then i downloaded the perl modules........but im having trouble installing them. i downloaded the perl modules first.......but when i tried to compile it it said i needed the libpcap library so then i got that and install it, then tried to install the modules and got that error message.

Everything is better then compiling from source ! . . . So if there are no VectorLinux packages get Slackware packages . . . or even rpm packages ( you can install them in the MC using F2B) Bruno

Everything is better then compiling from source ! . . . So if there are no VectorLinux packages get Slackware packages . . . or even rpm packages ( you can install them in the MC using F2B) Bruno
is there a way to convert the source to tgz then do the install.

After installing a new library file, run "ldconfig" (without quotes) as root. This registers the new library with the system so that a different program can find it.A reboot does the same thing, but running ldconfig is quicker. It does not hurt to run ldconfig after installing any new program.