Ubuntu Christian Edition

Webb

V.T. Eric Layton
LinkInteresting but I doubt that Jesus would buy an $18 t-shirt.
Nah... Jesus would have had more class than that. He'd have bought an $18 Slackware shirt. :thumbsup:slacktee.gif :thumbsup:

This should appeal to the born-again, devotional types. I have a postgraduate degree in systematic and historical theology. That should qualify me as belonging to the 'other team'. :thumbsup:

Nah... Jesus would have had more class than that. ...
And surely would've wanted Ubuntu's Christian Edition to be used in conjunction with Firefox's Bible Fox theme! :thumbsup:Edit: Sorry, Eric, but couldn't resist. :P Edited by onDvine

V.T. Eric Layton

Hello there, young lady! Are they treating your right over there at All Things Windows? :thumbsup:

... Are they treating your right over there at All Things Windows? :P
Yes; most definitely. It seems like a mellow, helpful place and I'm glad you suggested I check it out.rose.gifGracias for the misleading age implication, too. :thumbsup:

V.T. Eric Layton

The Mod over there, James, was originally from Computer Haven. He's been at the Cabin a few times too. Good people all over Scot's Newsletter Forums. Have FUN! :thumbsup:

... Good people all over Scot's Newsletter Forums. Have FUN! :hmm:
Agreed...and am having as much fun here as possible with both hands on my keyboard and another computer on my mind. :whistling:I remember James, though we don't see him all that often. :hmm:

V.T. Eric Layton

You should put a little ePrompter ad in your siggy for all the Windows folks to click on. :hmm:

V.T. Eric Layton
I don't see one in yours. ;)
Heh! I don't use eP anymore. :( Nor do I visit the All Things Windows area of this board much. ;)

Heh! ...
As the newest mod, won't advertise eP in sig lines at other forums unless other mods do, too. :hmm:Could we be any further off-topic? (that's rhetorical; please don't tell me) ;)

V.T. Eric Layton
Could we be any further off-topic? (that's rhetorical; please don't tell me) ;)
Sorry. Old Cabin habits hard to break. ;)

... Old Cabin habits hard to break. ;)
What's even trickier is that this board looks so much like eP's. We're fighting Cabin habits traditions and our own mods' area's attitude, albeit to a lesser degree there than at the Cabin.Good thing it's a quiet thread and you have enough posts here to recognize when to stop. ;)Edit: Added four words to end of first paragraph. Edited by onDvine

Edit: Added four words to end of first paragraph.
Look who's come to the penguin sanctuary! Welcome! :hysterical:

V.T. Eric Layton

Not a joke. The Ubuntu Christian Edition does exist. The Ubuntu Satanic Edition isn't really an entire distro, though. It's just a series of themes for Ubuntu.

DarkSerge

Wow.....I have never seen or heard of religious denominationally based operating systems....i always thought of operating systems as non-denominational

Different strokes for different... denominations, it seems. :hmm: Different chapters and verses... however, there is one common denominator (and I'm not talking about the Satanic Edition now :hmm: ): Web Content Control. :)