FTP clients

Stryder

Using gftp right now....pretty featureless. Anything better out there? On the Windows side I have been a long time FlashFXP user and plain love that proggy. Anything even close to that on the Linux side?

I tried Iglooftp too, and it seemed more feture rich then gftp, but I am afraid you won't find anything like Flashfxp on Linux B) That is why I installed Flashfxp through wine B)

Have not tried it yet, but it is supposed to be very good:NcFTP
I installed this off of the Mandrake Cd's and when I go to use it, it opens a command prompt and acts as though it wants to be ran via the command line....no thanks. Looking for something with a GUI.

Have not tried it yet, but it is supposed to be very good:NcFTP
I installed this off of the Mandrake Cd's and when I go to use it, it opens a command prompt and acts as though it wants to be ran via the command line....no thanks. Looking for something with a GUI.
Glad you mentioned that, thanks. I, too, still like the GUI. :) Guess I'm not a geek yet. :)

If you use KDE you could try Kbear. It's useful if you like to browse ftp sites. At least it was when I used 6 or so months ago. I use ncftp. But I usually just download Mozilla Firebird nightly's. Ncftp displays a download status line (size, speed, eta, etc) so you can monitor your download progress.