The Linux Counter

Bruno

Since you´ve converted yourself to a full blown Linux adept, it might be time to register yourself and your box at the Linux Counter and become an officially registered Linux User: The Linux Countercounter.gifAccording to their website there are about 18.000.000 ( eighteen million ! ) Linux users on this planet. Only 134177 of them are registered. So lets push up those numbers ! ( I´m counting on you B) ):) BrunoPS: Getting registered does NOT provide any extra benefits, but it´s fun ! ( and FREE )

Just to help out our modem users, I put letters instead of image in sig, like our Linux mentor Bruno.Gif is almost 5 Kb, so why waste someones bandwith, while avatar..., well you gotta show the penguin, right? B)

There is a VERY good point Zox, you take the words out of my nozzle !Plus we don´t want to provoke the windows-guys too much by having a penguin in our avatar AND sig.Thanks Zox !B) Bruno

They won´t know what hit them at the counter ! The statistics are skyrocketing just on one blue monday ! :DLet´s see in a few days what the new numbers are. :)B) Bruno

Yes, very good point zox.Scot did address this in #10 of the Forum Rules as well.
You are correct Bambi... the rules state that sig pics are allowed, but must be less than 300x100 pixels and less than 20k... Had to crop it a bit to make it fit, but mine is perfectly legal :) Will probably shrink it down when I get off work (and can use photoshop instead of MS Picture Editor) B)

Guest LilBambi

Hi Ryan,Yes, you are absolutely right, yours is fine; it fits within the total size (4k) and the dimensions as well. You always keep yours within specs. No worries.zox does make a good point though. One we all need to keep in mind. B)

I do agree to a point, which is why I will be shrinking mine down a bit more tonight... I don't want to cause "hardship" for dial-up users, but I do like "pretty pictures" (even if it is a penguin ;) ).

Guest LilBambi

Ryan --LOL! I hear ya! And the Linux Counter is pretty darn cool. I signed up quite a while ago as you can tell by my number ;) I love pretty pictures too .. but as one of many dialup users, I applaud your sensitivity to the load factor :)

They won´t know what hit them at the counter ! The statistics are skyrocketing just on one blue monday ! ;)
We'll just call it the "Bruno" effect ! :) Ken

We'll just call it the "Bruno" effect !  :)
Gee... I believe the same thing could be said about the penguin invasion of last week! ;)

Think I´ll have to go undercover, put up some aliases, move to another country . . . . maybe France ?Now everybody has got his number. maybe we can hold a lottery, who wins gets the blame.;) Bruno

Looks very nice beeTee, did you make that yourself ? Or is it a well known German artist, looks like Bauhaus too me. As for the counter, I see the numbers flying up, there must be people registering from another forum too . . . at this rate their servers will crash soon ! :DB) Bruno

:o Registered Linux user No:315009So far registered two computers;George19 No:200483George4 No:200484No prizes for guessing that all my computers are called George.Joy

ThunderRiver, Greengeek, Volunteer and beeTee, thanks for registering, just got an email from The Counter offering me a golden-membership-card :o :)ThunderRiver did you register at the BSD counter aswell ? Can´t see their number in your sig. :o:o Bruno