Linus teases he will call kernel Linux for Workgroups

Guest LilBambi

Guest LilBambi
A Conversation with Linus Torvalds (Linux.com):
A celebration of Linux's 20th birthday wouldn't be complete without an appearance from Linux creator Linus Torvalds. While Torvalds is famously reluctant to speak, he did take the stage at LinuxCon North America 2011 for a conversation with Greg Kroah-Hartman.Jim Zemlin, CEO of the Linux Foundation, introduced Torvalds and "his junior apprentice" Kroah-Hartman for an informal discussion. They started with a discussion about the 3.0 numbering, and Torvalds mentioned (again) that the reason had nothing to do with features and everything to do with numbering."I think I will call 3.11 Linux for Workgroups."
;) ;) ;)

And the free training sessions where they raffle off free copies of LFW 95 ... that's how I got my Win 95...I won! :yes:
Win 95 was the first Windows I used, I was a DOS hold out.I'm not sure even then that I would have described using it as a win.

securitybreach
Win 95 was the first Windows I used, I was a DOS hold out.I'm not sure even then that I would have described using it as a win.
You think thats bad, I start using Windows with 3.0, not counting MSDOS. Man that was rough :D B)

V.T. Eric Layton

My first MS Win experience was with 3.1 back in '93 or so. Then I went through a computer hiatus all the way till 2000, at which time I inherited and old Pentium I system from my brother. It had 98SE on it. Darn good OS. I miss 98SE sometimes. :D