Forums

1. The Highlands

1. Announcements

General announcements of note for all forum members.

The place to free your mind and explore Linux, which for many, isn't an "alternative" operating system — it's their only OS.

Topics related to Windows, Microsoft, help with Windows, techniques, performance, betas, all types of Applications, Windows news, Windows server OSes, the future of operating systems, and more.

Topics and discussions related to Apple, Macintosh hardware and accessories, OS X, Classic, iTunes / iTMS (Mac & PC), mainstream Mac software, and more.

Exploring CPUs, motherboards, overclocking, building your own PC, case mods, PC brands, handhelds, peripherals of all types, DVDs, CD burners, hardware-specific software, device drivers, and anything else related to hardware.

Topics related to ANY AND ALL Mobile Platforms, Mobile Devices, Mobile Operating Systems, Mobile Apps, and more.

Protecting PCs from attack, networking, network hardware, remote access, sharing broadband, different broadband technologies, network troubleshooting, spam, encryption, firewalls, and more.

Social Media will cover all topics related to Social Media, Web 2.0, browsers and web applications, email, and more.

9. The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe

The The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe, previously known as The Water Cooler, is a place to post stuff that has absolutely nothing at all to do with computers, broadband, Scot's Newsletter, or anything that's "supposed" to be here.

Forum-Related Feedback Only, Please: Bugs, problems, forum software, skins, graphics, webhost, stuff we're testing, suggestions, and more. NOTE: Testing Subforum is under the Forum Feedback forum.

• I had to google Basilisk but this is from their website:   https://basilisk-browser.org/
    • Chrome has more support for html5 but most everything that you run across should play in Firefos:     Firefox is on the left and Chrome on the right.
    • I vape so have been following these reports with interest. There have been zero deaths from vaping outside the US and places like the UK have a lot of vapers. The deaths in virtually all cases have been in vapers who use black market THC vape oil, a fact which has only been mentioned as subtext in most sensationalist articles. I agree there should be much more control in who is able to buy vapes and related items. There is reported to be a wave of US high school students using them although this also isn't mirrored in other countries. Reportedly the reduction in the number of smokers has been dramatic in the UK, and I am seeing many ex-smokers here in Australia who have switched including myself. I am absolutely convinced it is much less harmful than smoking. I also think it it not harmless and should not be taken up by non-smokers ever. Myanmar and India have banned it so I assume they want people to keep smoking instead. It's a good topic for click bait and sensationalism. Don't fall for it.   Here is an article from Mercola yesterday ranted about unsavoury practices by Juul, the largest e-cigarette company in the US - https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2019/11/13/contaminated-juul-pods.aspx They got $7 million from their vape fluid supplier to recall contaminated fluid, and then sold it to consumers anyway! Juul is owned by Altria, the parent company of Marlboro. One can never trust big corporations and big tobacco are just evil IMHO. A small paragraph from that article quotes a CDC report on the deaths -  
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Today's Birthdays

1. Andymcr
      Andymcr
      (50 years old)