Forums

1. The Highlands

1. Announcements

General announcements of note for all forum members.

The place to free your mind and explore Linux, which for many, isn't an "alternative" operating system — it's their only OS.

Topics related to Windows, Microsoft, help with Windows, techniques, performance, betas, all types of Applications, Windows news, Windows server OSes, the future of operating systems, and more.

Topics and discussions related to Apple, Macintosh hardware and accessories, OS X, Classic, iTunes / iTMS (Mac & PC), mainstream Mac software, and more.

Exploring CPUs, motherboards, overclocking, building your own PC, case mods, PC brands, handhelds, peripherals of all types, DVDs, CD burners, hardware-specific software, device drivers, and anything else related to hardware.

Topics related to ANY AND ALL Mobile Platforms, Mobile Devices, Mobile Operating Systems, Mobile Apps, and more.

Protecting PCs from attack, networking, network hardware, remote access, sharing broadband, different broadband technologies, network troubleshooting, spam, encryption, firewalls, and more.

Social Media will cover all topics related to Social Media, Web 2.0, browsers and web applications, email, and more.

9. The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe

The The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe, previously known as The Water Cooler, is a place to post stuff that has absolutely nothing at all to do with computers, broadband, Scot's Newsletter, or anything that's "supposed" to be here.

Forum-Related Feedback Only, Please: Bugs, problems, forum software, skins, graphics, webhost, stuff we're testing, suggestions, and more. NOTE: Testing Subforum is under the Forum Feedback forum.

• That is literally the only way to get a real buyer.
    • The only good news is that these scammers are so eager that they always jump right on new posts.  So after the first couple of hours, they have all made their attempts and things settle down.  Any responses after that are likely to be legit.  Of course, anyone offering cashier's checks or Paypal are obvious scammers.  With craigslist, I'll only accept cash and personal pickup in a public place of my choosing.
    • Many years ago, I used to find it funny to scam the scammers on Craigslist as I was always selling things. I probably had $100,000 in fake checks with funny made up names that a buddy and I would come up with. The mailman used to get a kick out of the names.   A friend of mine managed to get a scammer to admit it was a scam thinking that he was going to help from an American.   It was fun times  
    • That's normal for Craigslist. It's been toxic for many years now. Expect most of the responses to be various scams trying to get you to ship the item, accept Western Express, pay you more than the item costs expecting you to send the extra back, etc. You name it and it's found on Craigslist. The maintainers do not even care anymore.  
    • It seems that every time I post an item for sale on craigslist, I get several responses from people phishing for email addresses.  I always state quite clearly in my post that I never respond to email request, but that doesn't stop them from trying.  I know it probably won't help to deter them, but it gives me a little satisfaction.  I created an email account on mail.com called bottomlesspit that I use only to respond to these request with this message  "This is an automated response to an email phishing attack.  I hope you enjoy sending lots of emails to this bottomlesspit that NEVER GETS READ!!"
  • Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Bookmem