• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• steel

• havnblast

• teacher

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea Nilson . . . a 2005 screenshot thread ! ( I was unable to find the 2004 one myself :lol: )Here you go . . . my Slackware 10.1 desktop:. . . . 117123207_43f81b11a0_m.jpg . . << Click to enlarge I like it simple and clean ;):hmm: Bruno

Mine is very, very boring. I didn't even change the default wallpaper! (To be fair, I just re-installed not too long ago, and wallpaper isn't high on my list of things to do...or themes.)desktopfeb203ox.th.png:w00tx100:Neil

Nice pics Guys !!Adam, . . . yours is really funny ! :DBreach, . . . another transparency adapt ! . . . Cool ;)Nilson, . . . . great job on customising ! :thumbsup:Neil, . . . . . . you better get your skates on and do something about that one :PB) Bruno

Neil,  . . . . . . you better get your skates on and do something about that one  :thumbsup:

Heh. Well, I've changed the background and style, but it's hard to notice since all of the apps I run are gtk apps. Gaim, Firefox, Mozilla, The Gimp, those are probably my top 4, so the theme doesn't get used.It still looks pretty much the same, I haven't made anything transparent or added any apps to the desktop.

Here's the wallpaper that I use on Mandrake, it's not a screen shot as I'm in Winders at the moment... :thumbsup: Thanks Neil for the thumbnail link... :angry: lectriclinux6pr.th.jpg

Edited by Plukaduk

Hi rakemup!You forgot to close yor tag! Just add [/img] after your url.P.S. removing the at the beginning is another way. As you just demonstated. It's a nice old picture btw.

Edited by réjean

RéjeanThere can be 2 reasons for that:1). If I click on that link I get: "The File You Are Looking For Is Inaccessible." . . and it tells me I have to log in ;)2). You can not post images that size . . . . see Forum Rules: Please Read . . . that is why we post a thumbnail that links to the real sized pic out on the net:

[url=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx][img=yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy][/url]  

( The first address xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is the remote big pic . . .the second address yyyyyyyyyyyyyy between the IMG tags, is the thumbnail . . . so in fact you have to upload 2 files . . . a small and a big one B) )B) Bruno

Be considerate of people who have slower Internet connections. An image displayed within a message on Scot's Newsletter Forums should be no wider than 480 pixels. And if you can make the image smaller, please do.
Our thumbnails are between 150 and 180 pix wide . . . . the remote pix are "real" size

Here is the desktop of my Drake 10.1. . . . . . . 117123209_a73407ae88_m.jpgI made it a bit more interesting by showing the output of my backup-script in a transparant eterm and having my favorite station on xmms ;)B) BrunoPS: See Here how to make a thumbnail from a screenshot B)

I love the transparent terminals everyone!My desktop is pretty plain. Usually a picture from digital blasphemy or some other art site and that's about it.Lately i've been playing around with XFCE, so here's GIMP, the control panel, and a terminal open in that:Screen Shot

Hi all!I have downloaded Neil's suggestion and here should be my Xandros screenshot:snapshot27ul.th.jpgP.S. It worked! Thanks a million Neil. Don't know what the black lines are doing there but for a first trial it ain't bad. I have to tell you that after trying to install Bruno's suggestion I tried for a solid hour to upload a snapshot that I wa s saving as "jpeg" using Paint in Xandros but kept being denied so I installed Gimp and it worked first try.I like ImageShack already. It seems to work a lot better than Yahoo Picture.On another forum where I spend a lot of time we can upload directly from our own machine and don't have to use an online program to add a picture.Thanks again for the suggestion, Neil. ;)

Edited by réjean

i will give this a try although its nothing fancy just gnome on debian sarge you guys have really nice desktops makes mines look blahand i dont know how to include a preview sheeshok i clicked on my link and it doesnt work now :( snapshot72oz.th.pngok not sure if any of my links work now ;) ok i hate html !!! :devil:

Hi all!One more attempt at the screen shot from my Drake distro. What can I say we love our garden so much that we've gotta see it even in winter.snapshot35lk.th.jpg

Edited by réjean

LOL . . Réjean . . A few years ago I had my garden on my desktop too:117276209_ab99624b00_m.jpgJust so I would miss no minute of sunshine when I was behind my computer at night ;) :DB) Bruno