Slow Loading Outlook Express

bds

Nice Forum!I have had trouble with outlook express slow loading on my Win2K (SP3) pc for some time. It takes anywhere from 4 - 6 min. to load. I recently upgraded from 5.01 to 6 (SP1) still with no luck. I have two such pc with virtually the same hardware. The software of the problem pc is minimal compared to the other one. This other pc has no problems with outlook express. Any suggestions or in-sights you'd like to share!?bds

Guest ThunderRiver

It really depends on your system spec as well as how many messages that are actually stored on your email client. Try to defrag the system as well as compact the messages in Outlook Express.I have about 200+ Mb of messages in archive, which contains more than 10000 emails. OE loads fine, but it does take awhile.

Guest LilBambi

Two questions:Do you keep all your email in your inbox?How many emails are generally in your inbox?If you keep all your messages in your inbox and you have, say, thousands of them...you might try sorting them into subfolders so you don't have so many in your inbox.Just a thought ...