abarbarian

http://fossforce.com/2014/08/computer-dating-linux-style/

Look…let’s face this together. Dating can suck.

When you’re young, it’s an adventure. One has relatively little baggage, the emotional scars are few and you haven’t even begun to think about dating’s therapeutic value yet. In other words, the dating world is your oyster.

Then you find yourself at midlife, when you’ve accumulated a large pool of of crises. You know, stuff like that divorce or two under your belt, some strong political or religious beliefs that are deeply ingrained and…oh yeah…that messy conviction for hacking that’s still on your record. These are things that tend to narrow down the potential list of candidates for life-long bliss.

luvtux.pngThen, toss your obsession with Linux into the mix and what do you get?

Uncle Ed's comment fills me with hope. :Laughing:

• Like 1

Some people just need to be partnered and seem to move on readily to another partner after recovering from a loss. Others have a much harder time, I suspect in large part due to the nature of the lost relationship. (And then there are those like me who aren't and won't be partnered. :P )

• Like 1

Well I can quite happily live on my own. I am a tad strange so finding a partner has always been quite some quest and I am pretty picky too. However living in the boonies I am starting to get cabin fever with a large dose of the lonely's. This might have something to do with seeing all the couples and their interactions on my recent visits to York.It is hard meeting folk with my interests as I get older.After all how many geek,gaming,skinny dipping,Tai Chi loving eccentric, smoking of the wall girlie's are there around.

Mind you the woman at Specsavers gave me some luverly smiles on recent visits,lives just down the road,blonde and blue eyed with a trim figure and classy dress sense, so my luck may be in.

:hug:

• Like 1