MediaShift . Google+: Social Media Upstart 'Worse Than a Ghost Tow

Corrine

V.T. Eric Layton
Eh, I still use it all the time and if anything, I interact with more and more people as time goes on.
That's it. We're revoking your membership in ASSHAT - Anti-Social Slackers Hackers and Archers Team. You have been assimilate into the Google Collective. :(:thumbup:

securitybreach
That's it. We're revoking your membership in ASSHAT - Anti-Social Slackers Hackers and Archers Team. You have been assimilate into the Google Collective. :(:(
Not at all, I use Diaspora, Twitter and other "social" sites. I just use them for posting articles and reading them as I not very sociable anyway. :thumbup:

V.T. Eric Layton

Well... OK, then. We'll just consider you an asset-in-place (spy) on the GoogleEvilNet for now. You can remain in ASSHAT as long as you continue to provide worthwhile data. :thumbup:

securitybreach
Well... OK, then. We'll just consider you an asset-in-place (spy) on the GoogleEvilNet for now. You can remain in ASSHAT as long as you continue to provide worthwhile data. :(
Oh do not worry, I will continue to run my Black-Flag operations. :thumbup: :(

Well, Google just lifted the invite-only status of Google+ on Monday, so we may yet see some growth. That being said, I've noticed an absence of activity from most of my circle of contacts except for 3 or 4 hardcore photographers. They seem to like the ability to post photos with microblogging capabilities. And Wil Wheaton seems to love it.

V.T. Eric Layton

I have to laugh because I'm still getting email notifications for people circling me. Don't they notice that my profile is empty and I haven't posted anything in over a month? I guess not. :) They're circling a zombie. I requested that Google delete my G+. I wonder how long that takes. :unsure:

Google+ Suddenly Looks Pretty Busy for a Ghost Town
In order to keep users coming back, Google+ has to continue offering new experiences. If Google wants it to be more than a show, it has to show its value as a useful, dead-easy tool to collaborate and connect with other people. It doesn’t have to be Facebook, where users while away their time distracting themselves by clicking cows and updating databases.As a communication application, Google+ can be a multimedia thunderbolt, as useful as Gmail or Maps. Instead of being annoyed by a coworker’s new email or phone call when mobile, you can do a quick hangout, have them show you exactly what they’re worried about, and solve their (or your) problem. There’s a genuine productivity upside to Google+ in a way that there never has been in Facebook or Twitter — which is what makes it still mystifying that the “open beta” is still closed to Google’s paying Apps customers. You know, the ones who most need a productivity and collaboration game-changer.On the other hand, if Google+ is going to be a show, it has to be the best in town. It has to have better games than Facebook, better goof-off possibilities, more things that users want that Google may not necessarily know how to give them. In short, it needs third-party developers.
There have been a lot of changes to G+ recently. Dropping the invites, adding search, letting mobile phones in on hangouts (actually a ton of changes to hangouts), adding in APIs...

Google+ Suddenly Looks Pretty Busy for a Ghost TownThere have been a lot of changes to G+ recently. Dropping the invites, adding search, letting mobile phones in on hangouts (actually a ton of changes to hangouts), adding in APIs...
I realize you are not the original writer of the article but ...Google doesn't want G+ as a productivity app, but as an Identifier app - go back to what Eric Shmidt (sp?) said about G+ .Can someone explain what Hangouts has to do with G+ that it has to be hooked so tightly into it?and the example is poor. I do exactly that right now without any Google , twitter or any other Identifier/SocailMedia app. It is called the phone, and if you need to - text messaging.

and the example is poor. I do exactly that right now without any Google , twitter or any other Identifier/SocailMedia app. It is called the phone, and if you need to - text messaging.
Why do you need a phone? You can just use a telegraph!Seriously though, you can spend 5 or 10 minutes on the phone trying to figure out the problem or spend 20 seconds in a Hangout and see the problem. What if the issue the other person is having is on they can't explain well? And even if G+ wants to be an "identity" service (whatever that means), it still has to have features that make people actually want to use it.