26 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:14 AM

View Postraymac46, on 20 July 2019 - 07:26 AM, said:

As a new Linux user I was totally freaked out by text based installers.

I made my first install of Arch with two pc's running.Installing on one and reading the Arch Beginers Install Guide on the other. Took me a long time as I had never partitioned a drive from the cli and had never even heard of 99% of the other stuff. My first stumbling block was "what the heck is nano" Took me all day and half the night to get to rebooting only to find that my Arch would not boot. So I tried again the next day and have been running smoothly ever since :whistling:
Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#27 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 24,656 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:21 AM

Yeah, it can be a daunting task if you are not familiar with the  command line. I didn't have an issue as I was using Slackware previously. B)
Posted ImagePosted Image
Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users