Just wanted to brag....

securitybreach

securitybreach

So the other day I bought 32gb of ddr3 2400MHz ram and a EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC Graphics Card. Well I received it yesterday but of course, my old card had mini-DP ports and I only had 1 DVI to DP adapter so I had to struggle with only 3 monitors until I was able to get an adapter from work today... ;)

Now everything is smokin fast with an awesome video card.

RQkyNQo.jpgTOdlict.jpg

oF9DUGe.jpgBMvdex0.png

• Like 3

So you have switched to Nvidia Josh. Back to the dark side. :devil:

Just kidding. I have both Nvidia and AMD here but my Linux card is AMD. Nvidia does work better with my train simulator programs in Windows.

securitybreach

So you have switched to Nvidia Josh. Back to the dark side. :devil:

Just kidding. I have both Nvidia and AMD here but my Linux card is AMD. Nvidia does work better with my train simulator programs in Windows.

Well I only run Linux but I was tired of having to hold back the xorg-server package because AMD was taking their sweet time to update their catalyst driver to support it. So I said screw it and moved to nvidia.

securitybreach

So are you going with the proprietary driver? Surely not Nouveau?

Yeah, noveau is absolute garbage. A lot of that is due to the developers having to reverse engineer the driver as nvidia is stingy with their source and they do not help with the floss driver like amd does. and it's barely useable because of that.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, noveau is absolute garbage. A lot of that is due to the developers having to reverse engineer the driver as nvidia is stingy with their source and they do not help with the floss driver like amd does. and it's barely useable because of that.

I disagree that nouveau is garbage. Sure they have to reverse engineer so support for the most recent cards takes time. My old GTX560Ti worked perfectly with nouveau, but my current GTX970 needs the proprietary driver version 346.xx or later. I'm sure nouveau will catch up for Maxwell cards eventually.