Show Us Your Real Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

That was just for the Raspberry Pi of which is now headless

Aw, cmon... give the Pi some head. ;)

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Haven't had an actual desktop for ages, but I just recently dug this out of the attic.

RxEJ0Y6y.jpg

I just need an adapter for the video lead. Don't know what I'll use it for though, hard drive is'nt even big enough for my music library!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Always enjoy seeing your set up Josh. Very impressive. Does the side by side double barrel shotgun constitute a "peripheral" :hysterical:

• Like 1

securitybreach

Always enjoy seeing your set up Josh. Very impressive. Does the side by side double barrel shotgun constitute a "peripheral" :hysterical:

It does.. Neat fact.. that was passed down to me from my grandfather on my Dad's side and the gun is from about 1915 or so. It is a 16 gauge.

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

Got enough firepower there, bud?

I see you still have some of the books I sent you a few years ago. Cool!

Are you studying to take your Cisco certs?

securitybreach

Same setup, new location (well besides some peripherals)

Did you move?

No, I just moved the desk.

No right now..

V.T. Eric Layton

No right now..

"No(t) right now." You don't have enough firepower or you're not studying for Cisco?

Confused minds wanna' know. ;)

Or it might be both, eh? :yes:

securitybreach

Well I currently have no reason to get it so when I have a reason, I will study and pay for the cert but right now, it would be a complete waste.

V.T. Eric Layton

It was definitely a total waste of time for me. I learned a few things that I didn't know before, but woo-hoo... big deal. It didn't make me a dime.

• Like 1

Haven't had an actual desktop for ages, but I just recently dug this out of the attic.

I just need an adapter for the video lead. Don't know what I'll use it for though, hard drive is'nt even big enough for my music library!

Just came across this again. I had the old PC hooked up to a VGA monitor for a while, but that was taking up too much space, and I never did get a VGA or DVI to HDMI adapter, so here's what the Man Cave looks like at the minute:

OSmFES5u.jpg

Edited by Dr. J
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
securitybreach

Gosh, I'm impressed. You don't have piles of stuff (folders, papers, etc) all over like I do.

Nah, its all digital. Why waste paper when I have terabytes of space...

It's an impressive rig in pretty much every aspect.

Mine hasn't changed much since I got the Lenovo, which feels like donkeys years ago by now. I have recently moved the desk around to give myself a bit more space, and it's now running the KDE version of siduction. Here's a better quality pic than the last one...

lRrSNtYo.jpg

It may look like a neat home-office, but there's a reason I'm not showing the rest of it ;)

PS. Regarding my previous post on this thread, something went wrong while it was posting, and all I can see is a bunch of code/url snippets instead of one of the images. I'm assuming this is the same for everyone, so feel free to remove it, it's kind of annoying.

Also, sorry about the sidways image... I apologise for any stiff necks caused!

Edited by Dr. J
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

FA592dv.jpg

I gave you all those Zippo lighters, and you're using a BIC? Sheeesh!

Seriously, though... securitybreach digs improving quite a bit these days. Ain't $$$ great?! :)

• Like 1

securitybreach

/quote]

I gave you all those Zippo lighters, and you're using a BIC? Sheeesh!

Seriously, though... securitybreach digs improving quite a bit these days. Ain't $$$ great?! :)

Well I do not smoke cigs or vape anymore so the zippos are a bit strong for my use. ;) I do have them displayed though.

As far as the money, I got enough to pay my bills now and a little extra but not well off by any means..

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

I started smoking again at the end of May. Just felt like it... after nine years. What a dummy. Don't send the Zippos back, though. I'll be quitting again soon. Can't afford cigarettes these days - financially or healthwise.

V.T. Eric Layton

Yeah... it was pretty stupid of me. I've quit many times in the past 40 years. I can quit again... soon. :yes:

Oh, and I cut my hair short again. It's been waaaaaay too d@mned HOT in Tampa so far this summer. :(

Yeah... it was pretty stupid of me. I've quit many times in the past 40 years. I can quit again... soon. :yes:

SOON being the operative word I hope.
  • Like 1

securitybreach

Oh, and I cut my hair short again. It's been waaaaaay too d@mned HOT in Tampa so far this summer. :(

Screw that. I am in New Orleans where we have 98% (two days ago) and my hair is half way down my back. Granted I keep it pulled up but still.

The good thing about longer hair is one doesn't get sunburn on the back of the neck . On the down side if you are prone to automotive maintenance one gets very black collars in a couple of hours. :hysterical:

• Like 4

V.T. Eric Layton

SOON being the operative word I hope.

A matter of days, hopefully. I'm winding down now. :)

Short hair is SOOOOOOOOOOO much easier to take care of. I'm getting lazier in my old age, I think. ;)

• Like 1