Forum Main Page Not Rendering Properly

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

EZv94gs.png

This is what the main page looks like on FF, Chromium, and Opera right now. What's up with this? I've deleted all caches, cookies, histories, etc.

• Like 1

people still go to the main page?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

anyway, i don't see the problem. I mean I see the same thing, but where is the problem?

when i want the 'top page' i use http://forums.scotsn...dex.php?act=idx

Up until a few hours ago, forums.scotsnewsletter.com would look the same as your link--not any longer. The problem is that lot of people who are not every-day regulars may well go to forums.scotsnewsletter.com, which now is not rendering properly on both machines I've tried. Edited by ebrke

IMHO: The page isn't loading completely.

Possibly too busy or slow server.

If it were only me, I'd attribute it to my slow dialup connection.

BTW: I was about to post that it looked normal to me, but I refreshed the page and got the same thing on Windows 8.1 w/ Firefox 34.0.

EDIT: Refreshed the page again, now it's back to normal.

Edited by Pete!

Also, Notifications opens for me as a full page rather than a small drop down list. That hasn't happened before. If you click Notifications again while you're in the full page Notifications display, it then displays as a drop down list.

V.T. Eric Layton

HA-HA Slow dial-up? Maybe on Scot's server side, but why doesn't it affect all the forum pages were that the case?

Houston: We have issues, I think. :(

V.T. Eric Layton

still looks as OP noted on my W7 SeaMonkey combo. even after a hard refresh.

http://forums.scotsn...dex.php?act=idx still fine .

Only when I attempt to load the page at this link does this happen:

forums.scotsnewsletter.com

Alll other board pages load fine, including the one you keep referring to: forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?act=idx

EDITED: To rephrase my statement so that I did not sound like I was jumping up and down and raving at CRP.

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton

I thought about trying to change my avatar to one of yours, but I was afraid I'd turn into Gray Man. As for the site, I must be the oddball where it comes up right. I've noticed no changes. Sorry... :whistling:

Well, it's working for you, Norm. I guess I'm just losing my mind. :teehee:

Well, I don't use OpenDNS and the page is still appearing to me the same as it appears to Eric. Eric, I think the site is trying to tell us something, first the avatar loss and now this.
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Hmm... possible permission issues with the avatar directory on the database and a coincidental corruption of the rendering on the main page (only affecting some). Interesting. I wonder if someone who shouldn't have access has been tweaking?

V.T. Eric Layton

There's definitely something going on here.

1) avatar issues

2) corrupted main page rendering (and possibly other pages, too)

3) and a new one... when I used to hover over someone's name in the list of people online at the bottom of the forum page, a pop up would come up telling me what that member was doing/viewing. That doesn't happen now. I get a plain text tool tip with just the time the member was last online.

Members List page not rendering...

http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?app=members&module=list

Calendar page not rendering...

http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?app=calendar