MIA - AWOL?

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

We're missing quite a few regular members from here lately; some for quite some time.

One in particular that I'm very worried about is Kamicota (Colin). He hasn't logged in since May 03 2013 09:34 AM. :( Does anyone here have contact with Colin outside of Scot's? Maybe one of us should send him and email?

• Like 1

Guest LilBambi

I am hopeful that Colin is fine just busy with his special types of photography.

He was active on dpreview 3 months ago. Here's some of his cool photography Full Spectrum + Red Filter creations, but he has posted some of them here on the forums later than that.

More of his pictures here: Colin Hall's (kamicota) pictures, slideshow of them, and here's one of his latest:

DSC05010_HDRSizeKA.jpg

The media info looks like it was updated 2014:07:04 at 11:17:

Media info
  • Uploaded by
  • kamicota
  • Camera make
  • SONY
  • Camera model
  • DSLR-A200
  • Date/Time
  • 2014:07:04 11:17:39
  • Resolution
  • 3870 x 2590
  • Flash used
  • No
  • Focal length
  • 18.0mm (35mm equivalent: 27mm)
  • Exposure time
  • 0.0100 s (1/100)
  • Aperture
  • f/10.0
  • ISO equiv.
  • Whitebalance
  • Manual
  • Metering Mode
  • pattern
  • Exposure
  • program (auto)
  • ======= IPTC data
  • =======
  • City
  • %G
  • Record vers.
  • Caption
  • SONY DSC
  • DateCreated
  • Time Created
  • 111739+0000

His last activity was I believe in this topic, here on the forums.

And at 77 yrs old, I was a bit concerned, and I hope all is OK, but 7-4-2014 is only two days ago. So, that is great news.

Edited by LilBambi

V.T. Eric Layton

Good. It looks like he's just busy elsewhere, but OK. That's fine. I'm glad he's enjoying his hobby. Hopefully, he'll pop in here for a visit sometime soon. Time flies over 50, so he probably doesn't even realize that it's been so long since he was here last.

+++

OK, so where's Raymac been? Jebber? Adam's been pretty quiet. :(

I am very much here, unless you are referring to another Adam around here.

My latest faceplant project is trying to get cgminer compiled in Raspbian. So far, nothing is working. :(

Adam

V.T. Eric Layton

Ah... just hadn't seen the usual posting activity from you this past few days... or it seems, anyway.

Ah... just hadn't seen the usual posting activity from you this past few days... or it seems, anyway.

10492447_10152514215943744_4540976118041051771_n.jpg

I had a small project too. :)

Adam

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Nice. That's about 1/5 of the books I have in my living room right now. Want some more?

V.T. Eric Layton

I've probably given away or donated 2500 or more books in the past two or so years. My personal library became like tribbles. It was taking over my house. shocked.gif

• Like 1

Guest LilBambi

Back on topic, I was so happy to see that Colin/Kamicota was still active on his very cool photography that I had to share that. :yes:

Maybe someone else could do the research on Raymac.

Jeber and his beautiful doggie have been quite busy since he moved to the Richmond area of Virginia. But Jack has been active on G+ as late as Jul 2, 2014, so he is alive and kicking too. :yes: G+ (last post 7-2-2014), Jeber/Twitter (last post 1-20-214), Jack Carson/Twitter (last post 6-2-2014).

Colin's photography is really wonderful. People's interests change, take different paths. Such is life, I guess.

I am sure they all will return when they have time and inclination to do so.

As someone rather famous once said, "People come and go so quickly here."

Edited by LilBambi

V.T. Eric Layton

You wouldn't have some Patricia Cornwell you wish to part with would you? ;)

Uh, nope. I have a few Janet Evanovich, I think. :)

Good that Jack (Jebber) is alive and kickin' still. I know he had some tough times a while back. Hope all has improved greatly for him these days. :)

Guest LilBambi

Uh, nope. I have a few Janet Evanovich, I think. :)

Good that Jack (Jebber) is alive and kickin' still. I know he had some tough times a while back. Hope all has improved greatly for him these days. :)

The Stephanie Plum mysteries? If so, I would love them!

Yes, it is good to know that Jack/Jeber is still alive and kicking. Life sure socks us all sometimes...

V.T. Eric Layton

I have no idea. Next time I dig through the bins. I'll find out, though. :)

Cluttermagnet

Jeber moved to the Washington DC area, where employment opportunities are better than average. I figure he is busy.

Guest LilBambi

Jeber and his beautiful doggie have been quite busy since he moved to the Richmond area of Virginia. But Jack has been active on G+ as late as Jul 2, 2014, so he is alive and kicking too. :yes: G+ (last post 7-2-2014), Jeber/Twitter (last post 1-20-214), Jack Carson/Twitter (last post 6-2-2014).

I remember when Jack moved to Richmond, VA (1.5 hrs from me), and he does still say he is in Richmond on his G+ account. Washington D.C. areas are about 3-4 hrs from me and about 1.5 hrs less than that for Jack.

Cluttermagnet

I didn't know about the Richmond part. Way back then, my impression was he was moving to the immediate DC area. My bad. Yep, I-95 is so jammed these days it's a couple of hours to drive down there, worse in rush hour. Not a bad area, though. I think employment is pretty good there, as in the DC area and the Raleigh triangle area in NC, etc.

Hope Raymac is all right. He's my idol- the king of getting really old stuff to work with Linux. Hope he shows up here again soon...

Edited by Cluttermagnet
  • Like 1

Guest LilBambi

Unemployment was 5.6% in May 2014 in the Richmond VA area which is better by 2% than the Norfolk/VA Beach area.

They don't show the stats for Williamsburg area on that site, but Williamsburg although it has been hit some by the economic mess, it has always been in a bit of a bubble as shown by the stats between Richmond and Virginia here:

Richmond, VA - City-Data

Williamsburg, VA - City-Data

Amazing that 55 min away from him there is an area which has on average a $10,000 per year higher income in Williamsburg than in Richmond.

Cluttermagnet

Yeah, I've even met folks where I live who were retiring to Williamsburg. Sounds like it has gradually become a bit more yuppie-ish and more of a business magnet.

Guest LilBambi

We used to live there, but it got to 'growed up' for us, so we got a place across the water (James River), but many if not most of my clients are in Williamsburg.