Contest #1: I'd Like to Win Because...

Corrine

Alright, Highlanders, this is your chance to tell us in your own words why you would love to win the following incredible prize package:

Grand Prize: Total Value $200

-- ESET Smart Security 6 for Microsoft Windows OR ESET Cyber Security Pro for Mac (1 year)

-- ESET Mobile Security for Android (1 year)

-- Raspberry Pi Model B Revision 2.0 (512MB)

-- EmsiSoft Anti-Malware software (1 year)

-- WinPatrol PLUS (life time)

-- Patriot Memory Supersonic Xpress 16GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive (PSF16GXPUSB)

It is easy to enter. Merely post a reply to this topic sharing why you would like to win. Your post will be edited to add a number. The numbers added will be used for a drawing to win the fabulous prize package in this contest.

Only one entry per member.

The winning number will be determined via Random.org.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Important Notes:

Depending upon the information needed by the vendor, prize winners may need to provide a valid e-mail address and name to be given to the software vendor for providing the license key and any necessary instructions. Winners of the Grand Prize will need to provide a mailing address for the Raspberry Pi and USB Flash Drive.

Highlanders are only eligible to win one contest in the SNF 10th Anniversary Celebration. In the event the winner cannot use any of the licenses included in the package, they can gift it to a family member or friend. Contest winners will be contacted via PM (Private Message) to obtain the needed information.

All entries must be posted by 9:40 AM, March 13, 2013, after which time any additional replies will not be accepted.

Winning is always good. Just doesn't happen to me. These are outstanding prizes all tested and trued by Scot. They have to be good!

I deserve to win as I have selflessly offered to donate my older inferior Pi to a friend in need.Also I have donated my second older inferior Pi to a cause that may indeed change the lives of a few. :breakfast:

Edited by ross549
Added Number
  • Like 2

I'd like to win because of the Raspberry Pi. That is something unique to show two of my grandkids that seem to be taking an interest in how computers work. Then maybe a few of the others (10 total grandkids) might get excited about computing!

Edited by LilBambi

I'd Like to Win Because I want to start developing Foresight ARM for Raspberry Pi.

Edited by ross549
Added Number
  • Like 1

ed_felty_hmfic

I would like to win to have an opportunity to try one of these products...

--

Eddie in Loveland

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein

Edited by Corrine
Added Number

ESET Smart Security 6 for Microsoft Windows OR ESET Cyber Security Pro for Mac are the best security software currently available. ESET Mobile Security for Android keeps your Android based phone safe too. Raspberry Pi Model B Revision 2.0 (512MB) is a great little board for your new micro computer. EmsiSoft Anti-Malware software is based on two

of the best virus scanning technologies combined for optimal detection, WinPatrol Plus

provides increased performance, real-time monitoring without slow downs,customized Registry monitoring, ActiveX management and access to their program database.-- Patriot Memory Supersonic Xpress 16GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive (PSF16GXPUSB) is an excellent USB 3.0 drive. Lots of capacity too with 16gb of space for all your data needs.

archp2009

Edited by Corrine
number added

Frank Woods

I would like to win because Charlie Sheen said Winning is good. :clap:

Edited by ross549
Fair enoungh. Added Number....
  • Like 1

Basementgeek

I have had some very bad luck, seriously, for the last few months and winning would bring a big old smile to

my old ugly mug.

BG

Edited by Corrine
Added Number

V.T. Eric Layton

I have had some very bad luck, seriously, for the last few months and winning would bring a big old smile to

my old ugly mug.

BG

Hopefully, your run of bad luck is at an end. Ooops! I just saw the entry number you were assigned. ;)

• Like 1

I would like to win because I love Raspberry Pie and a little computer with a similar name sounds like a fun little toy. (Any other prizes would be welcome, one can never have too much software or too many flash drives!)

Edited by ross549
added number

Run a contest and they will post! I'm surprised that all these Scot's forum members for years haven't posted until this contest.

I wouldn't mind having a hands on experience with a Raspberry Pi. Enough forum members have posted info on the wee computer that I know I could yell for help if I won.

Edited by ross549
added number

securitybreach

Hopefully, your run of bad luck is at an end. Ooops! I just saw the entry number you were assigned. ;)

Hey, 13 is a lucky number. It was the day I was born on..... Better than that, I was born on a Friday (early morning) :devil: B)

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

You say you want a revelation

Well, you know

We all want to change the channel

You tell me that it's devaluation

Well, you know

We all want to change the channel

But when you talk about MS Windows

Don't you know that you can count me out

Don't you know it's gonna be all right

All right, all right

dont-worry_be-happy-1.png

*Apologies to the Lennon-McCartney

And the winner is . . .

SNFContest1_zps657ea9b1.jpg

rolanaj!!!

Congratulations! You have won the Grand Prize: Total Value $200 which includes the following:

-- ESET Smart Security 6 for Microsoft Windows OR ESET Cyber Security Pro for Mac (1 year)

-- ESET Mobile Security for Android (1 year)

-- Raspberry Pi Model B Revision 2.0 (512MB)

-- EmsiSoft Anti-Malware software (1 year)

-- WinPatrol PLUS (life time)

-- Patriot Memory Supersonic Xpress 16GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive (PSF16GXPUSB)

You will receive a PM requesting the information needed for the licenses and sending you the Raspberry Pi and USB Flash Drive.

Thread re-opened for congratulations!

• Like 1

Well I'm shocked and just a bit excited about this. Thanks everyone for putting these contests on. I'll be cheering everyone else on for the rest of the contests. Thanks Scot and everyone!!

Well I'm shocked and just a bit excited about this. Thanks everyone for putting these contests on. I'll be cheering everyone else on for the rest of the contests. Thanks Scot and everyone!!

Your shocked ! I'm shocked ! I really did think I would win. Oh well I guess congrats are in order. :clap:

Here are a couple of links to some great wallpapers you might like to celebrate your new Pi ownership.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/xraypi.jpg

http://www.raspberrypi.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/TEST_017_zps00044a74-1024x713.jpg

An a useful link for Pi latest news.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/

:breakfast:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/xraypi.jpg

• Like 1