How to play mpeg files on iPod

Tushman

I bought myself a new iPod this year and I love it EXCEPT for....The fact it will not play MPEG files! What's up with that? <ARGH> :thumbsdown: Googling around, it seems you have to convert it to .MP4 format... is this my only option?If so, can anyone recommend some software utilities/applications that can convert it?

Do you have iTunes installed? That'll do it pretty much automatically.http://www.ehow.com/how_5045610_convert-mpeg-mp.html
Chip, iTunes is installed but there is no such option under the File menu called "Import Media". Maybe the 64-bit version doesn't offer that feature?I don't know man, I like to think I am a tech savvy user but everytime I fire up iTunes, I get slightly dumb & dumber. mad0250.gif mad0250.gif mad0250.gif This software is not very intuitive for me.I wonder how the other Mac users feel about iTunes... love it or hate it? Or maybe it's one of dem 'love hate relationships'. Edited by Tushman

I should add that these mpeg files are already imported into my iTunes and watching them through iTunes is no problem. I'd like to get them onto my iPod.

If they're already in iTunes, is there an option to Export them? Sorry I can't help you with the specifics, but it seems as if Import/Export wouldn't be the sort of thing that'd be dropped just because it was the 64 bit version.