iPhone 3G[S]

ross549

photos-hardware-01-20090608.jpgClick Here- Up to 2X faster....- Video recording and EDITING on the phone......- 3MP camera with autofocus and macro- Voice Control... speak and the phone will reply.- A built in magnetic compass.....And my favorite new feature... available with 32GB of storage! Finally! :)What do you think?

I'm getting one. My only question will be 16GB or 32GB. At the moment, I've got the first gen iPhone with 8GB (and it's full).

I'm getting one. My only question will be 16GB or 32GB. At the moment, I've got the first gen iPhone with 8GB (and it's full).
I am not very familiar with the iPhone. Can't you move some of that data off and put it on your Mac or PC via USB? Or does it have blue tooth? Edited by Tushman

Sure you can remove the data... but that is the problem i have faced for the last year... invariably, the data I am looking for is the data I do not have! It is incredibly annoying..... Maybe I am spoiled rotten (and likely am) but I have grown weary of it over time.Adam

Sure you can remove the data... but that is the problem i have faced for the last year... invariably, the data I am looking for is the data I do not have! It is incredibly annoying..... Maybe I am spoiled rotten (and likely am) but I have grown weary of it over time.Adam
Well in that case, I am of the opinion that a smart card reader should have been included in the latest version to solve that problem. Even for my Motorola cell phone, there is a slot available for it - I can't see why the iPhone designers didn't think of it or didn't include one in this latest version.Edit:Oops, I just noticed bjf's comment above. Looks like there are 16 & 32 GB versions available. Should be plenty of storage space. Edited by Tushman

Serious functionality has never been an Apple goal. Look how long it took to get "cut and paste" on the iPhone. I would much rather select music on my PC (big screen) and then just transfer the simple micro SD chip to my crackberry. Can you swap out a dead battery yet? In that sense it could cost you your life if your battery did get too low to make calls and you forgot your USB cable. Why should lack of design put me at risk in a worst case situation? I've seen regular cell phones go dead and even plugged into a power source the battery is still too low to power the cell radio function. But wait, is there an App for that???

In that sense it could cost you your life if your battery did get too low to make calls and you forgot your USB cable. Why should lack of design put me at risk in a worst case situation?
And how many people carry a spare battery for this occasion? I'm guessing not many. I've never carried a spare battery with me, and don't know anyone else who does. A lot of people will carry a car charger, but that's about it. I see this as a non issue.

I know many people have a legitimate gripe about the non-replacability of the battery. Fact o the matter is, I have never had an issue with a lithium ion battery going completely dead. NiMH, yes. NiCd, yes. I think the majority of the problems with batteries dying is that people run them down and don't immediately recharge them. I know this is much less of a problem with lithium ion, but it can still be an issue.I have not met anyone that has carried a spare battery for the cell phone. I have a car charger. My phone is charged every night. The only time I ever run into an issue is if I forget to chrge the phone when I stay on the ship overnight. Other than that, it is never a problem.One group I can see needing a spare battery is a business person that uses the phone constantly. I don't use my phone that much. It works for me. :)Adam

One group I can see needing a spare battery is a business person that uses the phone constantly. I don't use my phone that much. It works for me. B)
Agreed. When I review our corporate Sprint bill, there's no way some of those guys can make it through a day on one charge. I think most of them have car chargers.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received mine today. The changeover went smoothly. All my stuff transferred over, with only one small hiccup. I had to restart the phone to get it to activate with AT&T. Other than that, it was smooth sailing.:)Adam

Picked mine up about 3:15 on Friday. There was no waiting at that time. When the Apple store opened, they had huge lines that took about 6 hours to work through. It took about 45 minutes for the activation to process. I've only run into one glitch. The app I use with my bank keeps crashing. The bank is aware of it and promise to get an update out ASAP. Other than that, it's been great.

Guest LilBambi

I loved what they did with the iPhone 3GS, but I don't have any availability in our rural area for AT&T. So I was saddened that folks like me couldn't get a new iPod Touch with the faster processor and double the size; and maybe even a built-in camera this time like on the iPhone.

Guest LilBambi

Kewl! Then I can get to drool over something too! LOL!I so want an iPod Touch once they get a camera and same features as iPhone 3GS :'(

Guest LilBambi
It wouldnot surprise me to see updated ipod touches this fall....
Looks like you may be right Adam according to MacRumers (last line in article):
The next generation iPod Touch is expected to be released in September.
(also rumors about cameras for iPod Touch)