Zenwalk 3.0 is now available for download

striker

I'm not familiar with this distro. How good is it for wlan0 wireless networking for laptops? If it can support my Broadcom card, I'll try it. Does it have standard features?

I'm not familiar with this distro. How good is it for wlan0 wireless networking for laptops? If it can support my Broadcom card, I'll try it. Does it have standard features?
I have the 2.8 installed here, like it quite a lot. I view it as just a lightweight version of Slackware. Comes with their netpkg util, offers easy upgrades to whatever is on their repository [which is not a whole lot of stuff compared to the major distros]. Anything you could use on a Slack install would likely work with Zenwalk. I got the 3.0 cd, see that it has a /zenwalk subdir holding further subdirs full of .tgz files. Anybody know if it's possible to use this to update the 2.8 install? Not sure if it's even worth the trouble to do that, but if it was easy I'd go for it. I immediately got KDE for my 2.8 -- I like all of those extra features over xfce. Note, get it from the Zenwalk site, not from kde.org -- zen puts it in a different directory than standard Slack. Guess it's possible to tell installpkg where to put stuff, but you'd have to know the details of that ahead. The kernel that came with the 2.8 is currently the fastest booter on my linux-test box, by a good margin; just under 55 seconds on this box with a scsi card, would likely be 35 seconds on a standard ide machine. Most distros [Kanotix, PCL] take more like 75 seconds to get fully up on it. Have no wifi in the box, so can't answer that question at top.