SiS/XGI graphics chipsets and X.org/XFree86/Linux

striker

FYI : http://www.winischhofer.at/linuxsispart1.shtmlInformation about SiS and XGI chips, framebuffer drivers, including Volari,SiS/XGI graphics chips and video bridges,The SiS/XGI Linux framebuffer driver (sisfb),The X driver, Display modes and monitor configuration for X.org/XFree86, Driver options,Troubleshooting and FAQ and much much more.Warning : this is highly dry technical stuff, but if your interested or have problems with one of those chipsets of intend to buy a computer with one of those chipsets, you should definitely read on before buying. Doesn't matter what you intend to install, eitherwindows or linux, the info there is very usefull.If you have troubles with linux/xorg and there's any of those chips in the machine, this is a must read.

Good lord . . is this a graphic chip of one of your systems ? . . . . Looks like a real ugly one !:hysterical: Bruno

No thanks, Geforce FX5200 here. But there are people out there with one of these chips and for those I posted the link.(BTW : the disaster computer - remember Bruno ? _ had an SIS 530 in it, it was always detected as an SIS 620; That rig didn't accept any distro at all to be installed due to the mainboard... except a two, SuSE 9.1 Personal and DSL.)

the disaster computer - remember Bruno ?
LOL . . . you think I would have forgotten about the PB ?? . . . . . No way !! :DB) Bruno

:thumbsup: I remember too ... can't forget that one.We tamed that d***** thing ! :hmm: Edited by striker