My android history

securitybreach

securitybreach
I've used quite a bit of android phones starting with the first one, G1 (HTC Dream):

HTC G1 (Dream)
Samsung Behold II
HTC MyTouch 3G
HTC Inspire 4G
Motorola Atrix
Motorola Atrix II
LG Nitro HD
Nexus 4
Nexus 5
LG V10
LG G5
LG G6
Samsung Note 8
LG V30
LG G7
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 5G
Pixel 6
Pixel 6A
Pixel 7
Pixel 7A (current device as of today)

• Haha 1

I used a Windows Phone until I had to upgrade in order to get 5G.  So, I now have my first Android phone: Samsung Galaxy A42 5G.  It has worked out well using the Kindle app for reading eBooks since my tablet died. 

• Like 3

That's a lot of phones @securitybreach 🤯

I've used a fair amount of Android phones - I currently use both an iPhone and some Pixel devices for work. I'm not sure the very first Android phone I used.... possibly the Samsung Galaxy S2 ?

- Samsung Galaxy S2

- Samsung Galaxy S3

- Some HTC devices

- ???

- OnePlus 6

- OnePlus 8 Pro

- iPhone 13 Max Pro

I've also used a variety of Pixel phones, from Pixel 2 onwards, as these are our work phone of choice.

For the life of me, I can't remember what phone I had before getting my first OnePlus. Maybe some more of the Samsung Galaxy series?

• Like 1

I'm looking through my old emails trying to trace my phone history.

2011 - Galaxy S2

2012 - Galaxy S3

By 2016 I had a Galaxy S4, and in 2018 I bought a OnePlus 6. I remember having a HTC device at some point, but maybe it was before the Samsung S2, I'm not sure.

• Like 1

securitybreach

Nice. I only know as I have been adding them to my signature on the XDA Developers Forum for many years.

securitybreach
8 hours ago, Corrine said:

I used a Windows Phone until I had to upgrade in order to get 5G.  So, I now have my first Android phone: Samsung Galaxy A42 5G.  It has worked out well using the Kindle app for reading eBooks since my tablet died. 

You're only the second person that I have know that had a windows phone. The other person absolutely hated it, how about you?

We have a couple of Samsung Galaxy phones - A50 and A32. One is LTE and one is 5G. They are OK for texting and light data apps. I would never use a phone for serious work or photography - I guess that marks me as a Boomer dino.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, securitybreach said:

You're only the second person that I have know that had a windows phone. The other person absolutely hated it, how about you?

Actually, I loved it. My "flip phone" was replaced by a Windows phone that I unexpectedly won merely by commenting on a social media post.  I hadn't even realized that it was a contest.  Comparing the Windows phone to the Samsung phone, I'd still switch to a Windows phone if they were still supported.  It wasn't filled with all kinds on nonsense apps.  If I wanted an app, it was easy to get it.  I don't "live" on my phone as so many people do and use it for calls, messaging and reading eBooks.   

• Like 1

securitybreach
3 hours ago, Corrine said:

If I wanted an app, it was easy to get it.  I don't "live" on my phone as so many people do and use it for calls, messaging and reading eBooks.   

Well that was the thing with the person I knew had. None of the apps were available in the Windows App store for her.

• 1 month later...

🤑It's the price of a laptop sheesh.

I have several customers that have the foldable. (Samsung) They seem to like it, have had them for about a year, and haven't had any issues. 

Personally, I'm still skeptical about durability at the bend.

1 hour ago, xrobwx71 said:

Personally, I'm still skeptical about durability at the bend.

I have a work supplied foldable at the moment.

The durability on the hinge seems pretty good, I’m not expecting that to break anytime soon.

The main “weak point” for durability is probably the inner screen of any foldable. They’re thinner than conventional screens, although has good protection when closed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

securitybreach
On 7/8/2023 at 7:25 PM, Will Watts said:

Speaking of "flip phones"... 

https://store.google.com/us/config/pixel_fold

I was curious if anyone has encountered a foldable.

I have a few coworkers who have the galaxy fold and another one with a flip. While it may be neat, I would rather just carry around a phone with a single display and a tablet or laptop.

securitybreach

Plus I can get a good laptop for the same or cheaper with higher specs than these foldable devices.

• Agree 1

On 5/19/2023 at 3:15 AM, securitybreach said:

Now you know another one. 

I loved it, only changed when a couple of the apps I constantly used stopped functioning correctly.

securitybreach
1 hour ago, crp said:

Now you know another one. 

I loved it, only changed when a couple of the apps I constantly used stopped functioning correctly.

Sounds about right