Cannot Login to Firefox Sync

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

I just posted this at the Mozilla Support site:

Good morning!

Since v112.0.2 my Firefox logged itself out of Sync and will not allow me log back in. When I click the "Sync and Save Data" in the pulldown menu, the page spinner just spins and spins. The login page never loads.

Oddly, I couldn't even login to my Mozilla account here to post this. I had to use "Ungoogled" Chromium to load the page. I've never had any Sync issues with FF, that I can remember. This just "appeared" with v112.0.2 and continues with v113.0.

I did try to access the Sync login page while in Safe (Troubleshooting) Mode... no difference, though; same spinning spinner.

I'm running Slackware Linux on a desktop computer. No other changes have been made on this system other than upgrading from FF v112.0.1. to v112.0.2. This is when the Sync issue started.

Any ideas? Any assitance would be very much appreciated. I could just go to Chromium full-time, but I would not want to do that. I've been a Mozilla browser user for 23 years. The Chromium is only on my system as a backup browser, along with SeaMonkey. Yeah... I have a Seamonkey. :)

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help/ideas to allow me to troubleshoot/resolve this.

Regards,

~Eric

I'm curious to see if anyone there has any ideas for me. We'll see...

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, I made some progress. Part of the problem was I had forgotten to manually update my useragent. Once I did that, the login page would come up properly. I still can't login, though... to Sync. I can login to Mozilla's other websites though. Weird.

To be honest, I don't need Sync, anyway. It was handy when I had multiple machines, but I only have one these days, and I have my manual backups to fall back on with regards to Firefox's data.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Hmm... 113 also caused some buggy issues with my custom useragent. I believe I fixed that just now. Here's the revised useragent:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/113.0

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
V.T. Eric Layton

v114 has "automagically" corrected the Firefox Sync bug I was experiencing since v112, so YAY!

• Like 1
  • +1 1

I am reading this on my Debian laptop and Firefox here is V102 ESR. It's syncing OK so I guess Mozilla had to fix it for V114.

V.T. Eric Layton

I'm not even sure others were having this issue. There was ONLY my post about it on Mozilla Support forums. I could no longer log in with 112.0.2. No one had a decent explanation of fix at Mozilla, so I just ignored it. When I upgraded to 114.0 today, it allowed me to log into sync again. Who knows? It'll probably get broke again somewhere down the road. ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

Oh, and about my "bleeding edge" Firefox on my ol' Slackware. I started building  the newest releases from source for Slackware because the LTS version in Slack 14.2 is rather ancient. ;)