Mozilla Firefox Version 112.0.2 Released

Corrine

Mozilla sent Firefox Version 112.0.2 to the Release Channel today.

Fixed

• Fixes a high memory usage issue with animated images in minimized (or completely covered) windows, especially when using animated themes (bug 1828587).
  • Fixes an issue where Linux users with bitmap fonts installed may have had entire sections of text invisible to them on some sites (bug 1827950).
  • Fixes an issues where web notifications with images were not displaying for Windows 8 users (bug 1822817).

Release Notes

• Thanks 1

V.T. Eric Layton
35 minutes ago, Corrine said:

Fixes an issue where Linux users with bitmap fonts installed may have had entire sections of text invisible to them on some sites (bug 1827950).

I believe I have been experiencing this a couple times in the past week or so. Guess I'll upgrade right now. :)

• 2 weeks later...
V.T. Eric Layton

Well, phooey! I noticed that since upgrading to the newest version, my Firefox Sync is not working. It will not allow me to login. The page just has the little whirling icon in the middle and never loads. I haven't found any other folks online having this issue, so it must be on my end. Weird... I can't even Ping "accounts.firefox.com" from Terminal, but I can load that page in (un-Googled) Chromium... even weirder. Oh, well... I'll see of the next FF update fixes this.