Remembering VirtualBox

wa4chq

Greetin's all.  The past few days I've been messing with flash drives I have laying around.  I do use them for storage but I also have one or two with live distros installed which I find I rarely ever use.  I've been getting into stargazing and found "Astronomy Linux" https://sourceforge.net/projects/astronomy-linux-21-04/

So I was thinking that it'd be great installing it to a flash, which I did.  But then it occurred to me that I could do a "complete install" using VirtualBox.  I'm still a VB rookie but I think running Astronomy Linux this way is the better of the two.  I just need to remember how to get VB into full screen mode...! 😆

You'll need to have the VirtualBox Guest Additions installed and then you should be able to resize the screen to the proper resolution. If Astronomy Linux is based on Ubuntu that should be pretty easy. Ubuntu usually works right out of the box in a VBox VM.

7 minutes ago, raymac46 said:

You'll need to have the VirtualBox Guest Additions installed and then you should be able to resize the screen to the proper resolution. If Astronomy Linux is based on Ubuntu that should be pretty easy. Ubuntu usually works right out of the box in a VBox VM.

Hey Raymac....I may have the VB Guest Additions already installed and I can resize to the proper resolution...the problem is I don't remember the keystrokes to get me there.  It doesn't start full screen.