Will Windows Subsystem for Linux run android apps?

Pete!

I don't have a smartphone. My (almost) 80 yo eyes and ears are not compatible with tiny screens, and tiny speakers.

I'm NOT a Linux person, my experience is limited to a 1964 FORTRAN course, some 1980s DOS versions, and more recently Windows.

I'm currently running Windows 10 home 22H2.

I'm currently doing the 15 day test drive on "T-Mobile Home Internet". If it works out, there will be considerable $avings.

So far I'm getting much better better speeds than advertised.

BUT

Online access to your account, appears to be designed for persons who already have a T-Mobile Phone.

Access through their "app" is limited to Android, and Apple. There's no Windows version.

I have a "trouble ticket" in process for browser access, but I'm not optimistic.

I just installed the Windows "Subsystem for Linux".

When I try to install the app from Google Play, I still get the message "This app is not available for your device".

Windows Subsystem for Linux, is totally new to me...

Is there something else I should be doing, or is the Subsystem for Linux incompatible with android apps?

Edited by Pete!

3 hours ago, Pete! said:

I don't have a smartphone. My (almost) 80 yo eyes and ears are not compatible with tiny screens, and tiny speakers.

They do sell smartphones designed for people who can not handle small screens. Or you can get an Android Tablet.

19 hours ago, crp said:

They do sell smartphones designed for people who can not handle small screens. Or you can get an Android Tablet.

The hearing loss is a bigger problem.

One of the reasons this vendor tempted me, is that their "best price" is NOT part of a package that requires subscribing to an unneeded service, or require an additional purchase.

Reading between the lines, I assume the answer to my question was "Not on Windows 10".

The "trouble ticket" actually worked.

It's now set up so the security codes will be emailed.

I have browser access, no newfangled phones, or apps needed,

The price is good for this area, and the connection speeds are better than advertised (YMMV), but it's not without problems.

I can only recommend it to patient people.

• Like 1