Mozilla Firefox Version 107.0 Released with Security Updates

Corrine

Mozilla sent Firefox Version 107.0 to the release channel today.  The update includes seven security updates of which eight (8) are rated high, nine (9) moderate, and two (2) rated low.

Firefox ESR was updated to Version 102.5.

Update: To get the update now, select "Help" from the Firefox menu, then pick "About Firefox." Mac users need to select "About Firefox" from the Firefox menu. If you do not use the English language version, Fully Localized Versions are available for download.

References

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

Probably more. I was using this browser back when it was still called "Mozilla Browser" in the early '00s.

It was actually called "Phoenix" when first released as a trimmed-down version of the browser from Mozilla Suite (which also contained email, web editor, and IRC client, and is now SeaMonkey). That name sparked copyright claims so it was changed to Firebird which raised the ire of Firebird database project. Mozilla Firebird became Mozilla Firefox on February 9, 2004.

Sauce: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox

I used Phoenix pretty much from its inception too. 😉😎

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Hmm... nah. That's not correct. The initial browser I'm talking about using was long before "Firefox" came about. Its current iteration is actually Seamonkey, but back in 2000, it was just Mozilla Browser with the dinosaur icon. They're calling it "Navigator" on the Wikipedia page, but it was not called that. Navigator was its ancestor, but the Mozilla Browser was called "Mozilla Browser" back in 2000.

But, of course, old folks' memories are not always very accurate.

Mozilla Application Suite

The Mozilla Suite was composed of several main programs: Navigator (a Web browser), Communicator (Mozilla Mail & Newsgroups), a Web page developer (Mozilla Composer), an IRC client (ChatZilla) and an electronic address book

Mozilla-dinosaur-head.png&f=1&nofb=1&ipt

What's not correct? You were using Mozilla Browser from Mozilla Suite. Phoenix, which eventually was renamed Firefox, was spun off from Mozilla Browser. That's what I said. I also used Mozilla Suite before Phoenix was spun off and released.

• Thanks 1