Windows 11 2022 Update (22H2) Released

Corrine

The Windows 11 2022 Update (22H2) has been released for eligible Windows 11 and Windows 10 devices.  

Windows 11:  Devices with Windows 11 22H1 installed can get opt to install the update now via Windows Update (Settings > Windows Update) and selecting Check for updates.

Windows 10: Eligible devices can install the update the same as for Windows 11.  To determine if your device meets the minimum system requirements for Windows all, use the PC Health Check app

Following is a list of the new features included in the Windows 11 2022 Update provided by Zac Bowman at Windows Central:

• App folders in Start menu
  • Resizable pinned area in Start menu
  • Drag and Drop on the Taskbar
  • Focus Assist integration with Notification Center
  • New "spotlight" wallpaper feature
  • New Voice Access accessibility feature
  • New Live Captions accessibility feature
  • New gestures and animations for touch users
  • New snap layouts bar when moving app windows
  • New Task Manager app
  • New "Suggested Actions" feature when copying dates/numbers
  • Tabs in File Explorer
  • Better OneDrive integration with File Explorer
  • Numerous UI improvements and consistency updates

Additional information about the update is available at the Windows Experience Blog at How to get the Windows 11 2022 Update.

• Like 1

I'm already running Windows 11 22H1 with no problems. This is a 1 year old Dell desktop so I'm sure it's OK. I suspect the update wasn't ready for prime time as it is not offered again. Normal KB updates installed without fuss.

• Like 1

Well that was interesting. I was offered the update on my ASUS laptop and it installed flawlessly. Mind you it was Windows 11 Home, not Pro. The only other difference is that the ASUS is an AMD system compared to the Intel in the Dell desktop where it failed. Go figure.

Well I do have an 11th gen Intel CPU but as far as I can see no Intel SST onboard. That looks to be a laptop feature. I checked the registry for red flags as far as the upgrade goes and there are none. So maybe it was a glitch. In any event, the system is working OK with an older version of Windows 11 so I'll bide my time and see if the upgrade is offered in future.

• Like 1

sometimes there is a device driver in use that stops an update and the device is rare enough in the wild that the first wave of update notifications doesn't know about it.

My understanding is that this version pumps up the scheduling across cores well enough to improve performance and that it improves memory handling security for the Pro version.

• 3 weeks later...