NAIM messenging

wa4chq

V.T. Eric Layton

Nah... Since running Linux, I've always used Pidgin. Never had a need to try anything else. Actually, I haven't loaded Pidgin for any reason in quite a long time. I haven't visited any Chats or used any messenger services (AIM, Yahoo, etc.) in the last decade, I don't think.

• Agree 1

I wasn't really into chatting but I gave it a try and went with Naim.....this was quite some time ago.  I'm trying something different...not really all that green and not that many people using it.  When the sun goes down, it really sucks.  It's called "Smoke Signals".  I'll keep y'all posted.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 6:43 PM, V.T. Eric Layton said:

I haven't visited any Chats or used any messenger services (AIM, Yahoo, etc.)

Never ever used any meself.

On 9/14/2022 at 6:43 PM, V.T. Eric Layton said:

I don't think.

I do occasionally but not very often. 😎

• Haha 1

It was kinda fun...almost like Amateur Radio RTTY...  I had an old friend from back in the early 80's.  We reconnected after 2k and enjoyed reminiscing about hanging out at the campground she and her family stayed at during the summer.  I imagine the hardcore chat folks hung out and "talked" to everyone.....I didn't, and then I stopped using it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

Thinking can be a strenuous exercise. I avoid it more and more as I get older. :)

My problem is I forget things more than before.  Like, I forget that thinking can be strenuous so I end up over thinking something I forgot.  It's a vicious cycle.

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

Yes, forgetting trivial schit like an actor's name or the group that played a certain song, etc. can drive me nuts sometimes... causing over-thinking. ;)

• Agree 2

securitybreach
9 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

Yes, forgetting trivial schit like an actor's name or the group that played a certain song, etc. can drive me nuts sometimes... causing over-thinking. ;)

And that is what a search engine is useful for ;)

• Agree 1
  • +1 1

10 hours ago, securitybreach said:

And that is what a search engine is useful for ;)

Just remind me what a search engine is ? I can picture a steam engine or a diesel engine but am lost on the search engine.

20 hours ago, wa4chq said:

I get halfway to the store and realize I forgot the car.

That is the Tao making sure that you remain fit and healthy. 😛

• Haha 2

V.T. Eric Layton
13 hours ago, securitybreach said:

And that is what a search engine is useful for

Yup. I couldn't for the life of me remember an author's name last night when I was laying in bed. It was driving me nuts because I've read everything he ever wrote. I could only remember his first name... Michael. I finally couldn't stand it anymore. I got out of bed and grabbed my cell (the computer had long been powered down already) to Search. It was Michael Crichton. I felt better and went to sleep. :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I regularly can't think of names of actors, movies/series, songs or musicians. Until almost exactly 10 minutes after the conversation about them had moved on to something else. 🙄😁

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

It was Michael Crichton.

I've read a few of his books, but this is no lie....I don't remember the titles.  Now I will have to find a list of books he wrote to find the ones I read.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton
16 hours ago, sunrat said:

I guess you meant voilà 😁

Umm... yeah. I even debated which to post when I posted the above. Old brains don't work as well as they used to. :(

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

Umm... yeah. I even debated which to post when I posted the above. Old brains don't work as well as they used to. :(

They say as we get older to stuff like puzzles to exercise the brain....I do that but I can't remember where I left my pencil.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

I find I regularly have to look up a dictionary to spell words I'm sure I used to know. Confession -  I had to look up "voilà", but I knew "viola" was not the right word. 😉

• +1 2

On 9/20/2022 at 11:22 PM, wa4chq said:

They say as we get older to stuff like puzzles to exercise the brain....I do that but I can't remember where I left my pencil.

Lets face it pal your ready for the knackers yard. You missed out the " do " in your first sentence. 🤣

2022-09-23.png

• Haha 1

V.T. Eric Layton
42 minutes ago, abarbarian said:

You missed out the " do " in your first sentence. 🤣

That's probably not age-related dementia that Neil is suffering from. It's more likely a bad case of auto-corrupt... er, correct, I mean. ;)

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 7:51 AM, abarbarian said:

That is the Tao making sure that you remain fit and healthy. 😛

I'm trying.....  I always wear clean underwear and I wash my hands after changing them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abarbarian said:

Lets face it pal your ready for the knackers yard. You missed out the " do " in your first sentence. 🤣

2022-09-23.png

Do they say as we get older to stuff like puzzles to exercise the brain....I do that but I can't remember where I left my pencil.

16 hours ago, wa4chq said:

Do they say as we get older to stuff like puzzles to exercise the brain

Well it fits but you need to trend a little further to the right. 🤔

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, abarbarian said:

Well it fits but you need to trend a little further to the right. 🤔

You don't have to worry about that....➡️🧑‍🌾👨‍🏭👮‍♂️🥧🇺🇸👍😀

Edited by wa4chq

On 9/24/2022 at 1:44 PM, wa4chq said:

You don't have to worry about that....➡️🧑‍🌾👨‍🏭👮‍♂️🥧🇺🇸👍😀

I actually meant.

Do they say as we get older to >>>>> do <<<<<stuff like puzzles to exercise the brain.

🤣

• Haha 1