I'm not saying one shouldn't install banking and creditcards on phones

crp

but one should really think about it. I only install such apps on a phone that does not leave my house and only use them when required.

https://symantec-enterprise-blogs.security.com/blogs/threat-intelligence/mobile-supply-chain-aws

If i do need to get to my bank or creditcard account i make sure my VPN is running and use a browser and go to web site.

• Agree 3

I use a VPN and also Firejail to open up a new fresh instance of FireFox to access my bank via an alias.

alias  bank="firejail --private --dns=8.8.8.8 --dns=8.8.4.4 firefox -no-remote"

😎

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

No worries for me. I ONLY use my cell phone for phone calls and texting. That's it. I don't do money transactions of any kind on my phone... or emails, posting on websites... none of that. I have a secure computer system on this desk for those things.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

No worries for me. I ONLY use my cell phone for phone calls and texting. That's it. I don't do money transactions of any kind on my phone... or emails, posting on websites... none of that. I have a secure computer system on this desk for those things.

Same here, with the addition of reading eBooks on my phone. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

51 minutes ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

I have a Nook for that. :)

Yeah, to me a phone's screen is too small for comfortable reading.  I have a couple of 10" tablets for that when I'm "out and about".  When I'm home I use my 65" monitor.   🙂  I subscribe to both Amazon Kindle Unlimited and Scribd.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

I have a Nook for that. :)

1 hour ago, Bookmem said:

Yeah, to me a phone's screen is too small for comfortable reading.  I have a couple of 10" tablets for that when I'm "out and about".  When I'm home I use my 65" monitor.   🙂  I subscribe to both Amazon Kindle Unlimited and Scribd.

Unfortunately, my old tablet no longer works.  When my Windows Phone also had to be replaced, I got a Samsung Galaxy A42 5G and it has a 6.6 inch screen.  Not the best way to read eBooks but it works.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, sunrat said:

I still prefer books made from paper.

5 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

Yes. Me, too!

Actually, I do too. However, with COVID, procedures changed at the local library.  Although returned books were disinfected, a limited number of people were allowed in at a time and it just became easier to go with eBooks.

We have walls of books in my bedroom, living room and my daughters room. 

That being said, I switched to reading books on my phone years ago. I now prefer it. I frequently read at bedtime and holding a book while in bed cumbersome, especially a hardback. I also like the advantage of being able to put my finger on a word and obtaining a pronunciation and definition.

• Like 3

V.T. Eric Layton

Yes, for bigger tomes, I definitely prefer the eBook versions on my Nook. Even if I have the actual "dead tree" version, I will find and download the eBook version for more convenient bedtime reading. Also, for excessively footnoted non-fiction books (Physics, History, Biography, etc.) the eBook version is very convenient because it requires just a touch on the footnote link to view/read it and return to the main text. I have always liked that feature of eBooks. :)

• Like 2