Strange firefox popup

wa4chq

It wasn't really a pop up but I don't know what else to call it...a rap on my knuckles maybe.  I was doing what I normally do, have two computers running and searching with both.  I have the laptop setup on my kitchen island and at the same time the pc in the hamshack is on and firefox running.  Anyway, what happened was I was watching a Youtube vid on the lappy.  All is good.  At the same time as I was watching/listening to "Joanne Shaw Taylor" I was also perusing the internet.  I had a few tabs opened....like I always do.  I had got up and gone to shack and while there, I did a search....went back out to the island and after awhile, I tried searching something with Firefox and a warning or notice popped up saying something about "scraping", they noticed strange things happening from my secure bunker...I didn't write it down or take a screenshot but I no longer could do any searches.  So I switched over to Seamonkey and all was good.  Anyway, I finished watching Joanne Taylor Shaw (btw, a really fine musician) and kinda forgot about Firefox but decided to try it again a few minutes ago and all is like nothing ever happened.  WTF?  I've never had this happen....very weird.  Have a great weekend all....

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

I haven't the faintest clue what was going on with your Firefox. Not much help from me, huh? ;)

My way of 'splainin' it kinda sucks.  It wasn't a Linux kinda question but I was using Linux, so I reckon it counts.  I've never had that happen before...I wish I had taken a screen shot.    As I remember, they said something about too many tabs open on different machines...I think they mentioned something about a VPN, like was I using one....  And last night, I saw strange lights hovering over my house....what gives?

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton
4 hours ago, wa4chq said:

And last night, I saw strange lights hovering over my house....what gives?

Meh... the strange lights are nothing to worry about. It's either too much natural herbal remedies and ethanol, or...

ya2thYk.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

Meh... the strange lights are nothing to worry about. It's either too much natural herbal remedies and ethanol, or...

ya2thYk.jpg

I'm glad I updated my anti-probe program.  However, it does nothing for my occasional ectoplasm flareups....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, crp said:

What was the proof of your beverage?

This must be a trick question....the residue left in the glass??? 😶

Edited by wa4chq
  • Haha 1

BTW....still enjoying me some Joanne Shaw Taylor.  Side note.  I was watching a YT vid...it was either Samantha Fish of JST...but hanging up in the background along with other advertisers was one for Red Hat.....now, can't say I look for that sh*te, but that is a first for me seeing any form of advertisement for Linux.

Edited by wa4chq