Microsoft continues plan to deprecate Windows

sunrat

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Microsoft bought out Canonical and gave up on Windows and relaunched a new os called Wubuntu based on linux. 🤑

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, securitybreach said:

Um wow, that is surprising

I was actually joking slightly with the topic title in case you didn't get that, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility sometime in the future.

Hello,

That could be, but I also get the feeling this makes it a lot more easier for shops to continue development under Windows using WSL, as well as continue to run whatever products or services that are developed on Azure. This may even have the effect of slightly increasing Windows usage, as there are devs who might want to do all of their development on a single PC. However, the real winner here is likely Azure, which generates a huge amount of revenue for Microsoft.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

securitybreach
12 hours ago, sunrat said:

I was actually joking slightly with the topic title in case you didn't get that, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility sometime in the future.

I was actually referring to the .NET news.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, securitybreach said:

I was actually referring to the .NET news.

native .Net instead of the opensource platform ? (what was that called? started with an 'M' and then MSFT bought the company after a few years.)

Anyway, official packages of .Net available for :
Alpine Linux
A
rch Linux
Arch Linux User Repository
Fedora
Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Ubuntu