Looking for a file search application [Solved]

Guest Mauser

Guest Mauser

When I use to use Windows long ago, I miss the feature of that I could search for all files when they were created by date. In Linux the only application I know of that is suppose to do this is Catfish File Search but it has never able to do this. Does anyone know of a G.U.I. Linux file search application that actually works?

Edited by Mauser

Guest Mauser
3 minutes ago, securitybreach said:

It's easy to do on pcmanfm file manager.

Thanks, but I have Thunar. I don't want to chance breaking my O.S. changing file managers.

securitybreach

Huh? You can have lots of various file managers installed without any issues. It's not tied to your environment or OS.

• Agree 1

Guest Mauser
6 minutes ago, securitybreach said:

Huh? You can have lots of various file managers installed without any issues. It's not tied to your environment or OS.

I didn't know that. I have installed pcmanfm and I can't find any search function. How do I search with it?

Guest Mauser
1 minute ago, securitybreach said:

Tools - Find File, then choose the Properties tab and select dates.

I can't because it's greyed out. Clicking on it does nothing.

securitybreach

I do not know what Manjaro did with the package but it works fine on Archlinux and I do not see any dependencies listed that would provide a search function

aKal5UL.png

Guest Mauser
2 minutes ago, securitybreach said:

I do not know what Manjaro did with the package but it works fine on Archlinux and I do not see any dependencies listed that would provide a search function

aKal5UL.png

If Manjaro is involved then I can understand why it doesn't work because my experiences with Manjaro is it's a broken distro and anyone who says otherwise is a liar! I don't blame the Arch Linux community for getting mad every time someone falsely claims that Manjaro is Arch. I use MX-21.1 Xfce Linux. Since it looks like Gtk2 is required it won't work on my distro because MX=21.1 Xfce Linux uses Gtk 3.24.24 Thank you for trying to help.

Guest Mauser
6 minutes ago, securitybreach said:

Ah ok, I thought you said that you were using Manjaro.

I wouldn't use Manjaro even if my life depended on it.

• Guest changed the title to Looking for a file search application [Solved]