FUN (NOT) Night in New Orleans

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, he's posted here since I posted this, but I guess he hasn't seen this yet. I'm curious to hear how his evening went that night.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, abarbarian said:

Hope Josh is safe and sound somewhere. Blimey the USA is definitely a dangerous place to live. 😎

I live about 10 miles west of where the tornado hit and we had less than 1/2 inch of rain and the winds never exceeded 20mph.  There are a lot more people who die from gang violence in New Orleans than ever do from the weather.  I'm 82 yrs old and this is the first tornado, not from a hurricane, that I can recall hitting the area.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • +1 1

securitybreach

I'm good. It barely rained at my house but the wind was strong. One of my coworker's lives in Arabi and a tornado was like half a block away from his house. He showed me the video earlier at work:

https://www.weareiowa.com/article/news/nation-world/large-extremely-dangerous-tornado-arabi/289-a2dbc200-026c-4b93-bdaa-16192e25a377

• Like 1
  • +1 3

securitybreach
14 minutes ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

Yeah... that would majorly SUCK! :(

Well since I grew up in Alabama, I grew up having to go to basements because chance of tornadoes. Never had one hit where I was at but I have seen entire neighborhoods demolished from them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Cluttermagnet

Glad you are OK, Josh. You folks have different hazards than we do here.

But we have 'em too. Just not allowed to talk about ours...

Oh, we do get occasional twisters around here, too. Generally to the south

of where I live. They tend to have a NE track and head out to sea.

fN6QLjr.jpg

Clutter

Edited by Cluttermagnet
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

securitybreach

Well here in New Orleans we get hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, random shootouts, car jackings, hail storms, lightening strikes, etc. When it rains here, it dumps water not just regular rain. The humidity gets so high in the summer, that it causes some wild storms. 80-90% humidity in the summer.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, securitybreach said:

Well since I grew up in Alabama, I grew up having to go to basements because chance of tornadoes. Never had one hit where I was at but I have seen entire neighborhoods demolished from them.

Same. I'm originally from Oxford/Anniston. 45 minutes East of Birmingham and 2 hours West of Atlanta on I-20. 

We moved to Panama City Beach in 1988. 

Edited by xrobwx71
  • Agree 1

securitybreach
32 minutes ago, xrobwx71 said:

Same. I'm originally from Oxford/Anniston. 45 minutes East of Birmingham and 2 hours West of Atlanta on I-20. 

We moved to Panama City Beach in 1988. 

I know Anniston as I am from Muscle Shoals (north-west corner of alabama)

• Like 1

Good you're safe Josh. You guys have some scary weather over there.

All this makes me feel blessed to live in Melbourne AU. We don't get tornadoes, cyclones (regional name for hurricanes), floods (much) or fires (much). Or snow! Gets a little windy sometimes; 100km/h wind is a major storm here. Weather forecast today is a pleasant 26°C with light winds. Swimming in outdoor pool weather. 🙂

• Like 2

securitybreach
1 hour ago, sunrat said:

Good you're safe Josh. You guys have some scary weather over there.

All this makes me feel blessed to live in Melbourne AU. We don't get tornadoes, cyclones (regional name for hurricanes), floods (much) or fires (much). Or snow! Gets a little windy sometimes; 100km/h wind is a major storm here. Weather forecast today is a pleasant 26°C with light winds. Swimming in outdoor pool weather. 🙂

Yeah but there are so many animals and insects there that are very deadly. Plus Kangaroos are very vicious and will box you and then slaughter you. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, securitybreach said:

Yeah but there are so many animals and insects there that are very deadly. Plus Kangaroos are very vicious and will box you and then slaughter you. ;)

Kangaroos aren't vegetarian? (or am i missing the joke?)

2 hours ago, securitybreach said:

Yeah for sure. I have died many times. 🤣 And rattlesnakes and alligators... oh wait...

1 hour ago, crp said:

Kangaroos aren't vegetarian? (or am i missing the joke?)

Yeah they are vegetarian. A small number of deaths are caused by cars hitting kangaroos and I believe one person was killed directly in 1930 by a kick to the stomach while trying to stop dogs attacking a kangaroo.
The most dangerous animals here are horses, cattle, and dogs. -

Here are the animals REALLY most likely to kill you in Australia

• Like 1
  • +1 1

V.T. Eric Layton
22 hours ago, securitybreach said:

Muscle Shoals

SERIOUS musical history in that place!

securitybreach
20 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

SERIOUS musical history in that place!

Yes sir. FAME studios was the recording capital of the world in the 70-80s.

• +1 1