Mozilla Firefox Version 98.0.2 Released

Corrine

Mozilla sent Firefox Version 98.0.2 to the release channel today. 

Fixed

• Fixed an issue preventing users from typing in Address Bar after opening new tab and pressing cmd + enter (bug 1757376)
  • Fixed an issue causing some users to crash in out-of-memory conditions (bug 1757618)
  • Fixed an issue in session history which caused some sites to fail to load (bug 1758664)
  • Fixed an add-on specific compatibility issue (bug 1759162)

Release Notes

• Thanks 1

V.T. Eric Layton

I KNEW IT! I just upgraded to 98.0.1 on Sunday. :(

I have experienced this -> Fixed an issue in session history which caused some sites to fail to load (bug 1758664) . I guess I'll have to update again.

Are we sure Firefox isn't a Microsoft company? ;)

Another forum friend has noticed the same thing that I have about FF -- that lately there has been at least one but generally two bugfix updates after the release of a new version.  In addition, the first bug fix has been within a week of the version release.  Microsoft most definitely doesn't have to issue out-of-band updates two or three times a month as has been happening with FF.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Guest Mauser

I wish Firefox would fix not adding Spyware into the browser so I don't have to go into about:config after every update to rip out that rubbish! 🥵

V.T. Eric Layton

Spyware in FF? You're going to have to do more than just birch about it here for me to believe this. Please post verifiable sources of your claim above.

Firefox does use several third party resources for "Safe Browsing" and stuff but is easily disabled in Preferences. And if you do want to go deeper in about:config it stays set for that profile forever. Still much less creepy than Chrome or (shudder) that MS thing.

If you're really paranoid about it, download the Arkenfox user.js file and drop it in your profile - https://github.com/arkenfox/user.js

No need for individual tweaks.