Facebook or Meta who cares either way ??

abarbarian

Mark Zuckerberg and team consider shutting down Facebook and Instagram in Europe if Meta can not process Europeans’ data on US servers

If Meta is not given the option to transfer, store and process data from its European users on US-based servers, Facebook and Instagram may be shut down across Europe, the social media giants’ owner reportedly warned in its annual report.

Meta’s threat to close down Facebook and Instagram in Europe backfires as EU leaders embrace shutdown: ‘Life would be very good without’

Last night, Germany’s new economy minister Robert Habeck told reporters during a meeting in Paris: “After I was hacked I have lived without Facebook and Twitter for four years and life has been fantastic.

Speaking alongside his German colleague, French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire added: “I can confirm that life would be very good without Facebook and that we would live very well without Facebook.”

You too? Record 44m Brits may be in line for compensation as £2.3bn class action lawsuit against Facebook is launched in London court

“Yet there was a dark side to Facebook – it abused its market dominance to impose unfair terms and conditions on ordinary Britons, giving it the power to exploit their personal data.

“I’m launching this case to secure billions of pounds of damages for the 44 million Britons who had their data exploited by Facebook.”

Not that it affects me as I have never used FB. 😎

• abarbarian changed the title to Facebook or Meta who cares either way ??

How many advertising dollars would be lost doing that?  (I use FB mainly because I have family living in other states and it is a easy way to stay in contact.)  We also have a private town group with over 12K members that I'm a moderator of.  It is a nice way to share events in town as well as for supporting locally-owned businesess. 

12 hours ago, Corrine said:

How many advertising dollars would be lost doing that?  (I use FB mainly because I have family living in other states and it is a easy way to stay in contact.)  We also have a private town group with over 12K members that I'm a moderator of.  It is a nice way to share events in town as well as for supporting locally-owned businesess. 

Yup it is an easy way to keep in touch. The concept is neat it is the business ethic I object to.

Over here when it first came out FB had copyright to everything that you posted on FB and they kept that pretty quiet apart from burying the info in the user agreement that they knew only a few folk would read.

Their commercial use of a dead girls photograph to make them money was just plain old awful only real scum would stoop so low to make a buck.

😎

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Mauser said:

Apparently if you use the Dark web there is a way to make a false FB account. I was thinking of doing so to cause a bit of chaos but am too busy at the moment. Otherwise my statement stands. 😎