We Have a New Owner!

Scot

It gives me great pleasure to announce that we have a new owner, Will Watts. 

Will joined techsupportforum.com in 2008 and has been contributing in tech communities ever since. In 2012, Sysnative became his main forum home. He is part of the Sysnative admin team, alongside SNF forum admin Corrine, who has strong ties with several other forums. Will was a driving force in converting Sysnative from the Invision Community software we use at SNF to Xen Fora, which I have first-hand experience with and greatly admire. Will continues to work heavily on the backend at Sysnative to improve site technical features. Believe me, I'm placing SNF in good hands.

From talking to Will, and because Corrine knows him, I know that he is an excellent fit for us. He values SNF for its history and longevity, and genuinely wants what's best for us. I am convinced that he will support our mission going forward. Plus we'll gain his technical expertise at managing servers and forum software.

Why am I doing this? I've been running this place for almost 20 years. I still care about SNF but I haven't been the best caretaker. Plus I have two small businesses and I'm very busy. The best thing I can do for SNF is to step away. This is to ensure that SNF sees a 20th birthday on March 8, 2023 -- and hopefully beyond.

Thanks to all the many SNF admins and mods especially, and to all its members. It's been a great ride. I leave you in Will's capable hands.

Edited by Scot
spelling error
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • +1 2

Hi all, I'm really glad to be here! 😃

I've been aware of SNL for a long time, and I'm really glad we're able to keep it maintained and active. SNL will definitely be around for the foreseeable future! 

2 hours ago, securitybreach said:

Thanks Scot for everything, we really appreciate it.

+1 to this. The internet would be a very different place without you.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to take a moment to thank all SNF admins, mods and members, again, for generously sharing their time and knowledge with others over the last nearly 19 years. I'd also like to thank Will Watts for agreeing to take on the caretaking and ownership of these forums (sic). Will made fast work of addressing the database issue that was preventing me from performing a recent batch of updates to the forum software. Then he successfully installed all the upgrades and updates. He's only been at the forums for a few weeks, and all of us are already better off for it.

I will post here from time to time, but I want to make it clear that the transition is complete and I have turned over ownership entirely to Will. So it's his show now. You will probably notice some small changes here and there and perhaps somewhat larger ones in the future. I urge you to embrace the change. SNF needs the kind of active ownership that I've never had the time to give it.

So long ...

-- Scot

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • +1 1

• Will unfeatured and unpinned this topic