Void Linux

raymac46

securitybreach

Well it isn't archlinux, people just compare it to arch since you build the system from the ground up and other things similar to arch.

• Thanks 1

Looks an interesting os. I don't have time to play with it though as am busy trying to rebuild me Royal at the moment. An me Arch is bombproof at the moment, in fact it is a tad boring as nothing ever seems to go wrong with it. 😎

I haven't really messed with any new distro's lately.  But when I did, I didn't hesitate to put the live version on a thumb drive....if a live version was available. 

• +1 1

Right now I have gotten down to 3 distros I run on actual hardware:

1.  A lightweight tinkerer's distro (Arch Linux.)
  2. A mainstream, easy to use distro that everybody can work with (Linux Mint.)
  3. A distro that's classic and that I personally enjoy (Debian Bookworm.)

I have enough junk hardware around to install a couple more but nothing is really calling to me right now. I used to wade in the RPM pool but no longer.

• Agree 2

Having any junk laying around is a good thing.  😉    I got my old tower I put together years ago, complete with a 3 position hard drive switch to see what I had on the hard drives.  I knew Slackware was there but couldn't remember what else.  Bottom line is the video card works but if it isn't seated just right, the machine will not boot.  I got tired messing with it so I put it back up in the attic.  But it's fun messing with junk.  Right now I have Mint on a new used tower my bro gave me, my Lenovo lappy which has Slackware and MX-19 and my Dell lappy which also has MX but also Windose XP.  Got a few Rpi's too running various things too....  It's all fun.

• Agree 1

I like MX a lot but since I already have Debian and Mint it seems a little redundant.

I have a cruddy old Dell Core 2 Duo desktop to play music in the workroom. Right now it has Mint on it. I could install something else but I prefer to just Let It Be LOL.

My Toshiba netbook has run Arch stably for years and it needs something real lightweight. Arch is arguably the best choice for it.

• Agree 1
  • +1 1