Vision Problems

raymac46

Still have them unfortunately. Cannot drive, my balance isn't great either.

At least if the issues are caused by hypertension or high blood sugar, I'm getting that stuff under control.

• Sad 1
  • +1 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2021 at 9:14 AM, raymac46 said:

Slow improvement. A long way to go to be normal but I can see a bit better.

I sympathize--I've been having my own vision issues lately, although thankfully not as pronounced as yours. Improvement is positive.

• Like 1
  • +1 1

Improvement continues. I now have binocular vision up close, so I can use a computer or read a book without an eye patch. Still cannot watch TVor drive though as double vision at a distance persists.

Edited by raymac46
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Augh! More issues. My left eye was improving but suddenly my right eye developed the same problem. I spent 3 hours in the Ottawa hospital (during an Omicron pandemic) getting X-rays and blood tests. I am now under the care of a neuro-opthamologist who hopefully will get to the bottom of this. I need to get an MRI as well.

• Sad 2

I have my MRI scheduled for Monday the 10th so hopefully that will help get to the bottom of things.

Edited by raymac46
  • Like 1

Ray and ebrke, I hope your vision improves. I watched my mom struggle to see for years. She voluntarily gave up driving when she realized she was hitting things - not cars but parking lot dividers.

At least reading a book and being on the computer is possible. Truthfully, you don't need to watch much of tv; hearing it a lot of times is enough.

Not being able to drive is a handicap when you have to depend on others to chauffeur you.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Back from another visit with the neuro-opthamology guy. He said my MRI was OK, and my vision is slowly getting better. Another checkup in late March. Right now I have no problems reading or using the PC but occasionally my long distance vision goes a little wonky. No driving allowed as yet.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, raymac46 said:

Back from another visit with the neuro-opthamology guy. He said my MRI was OK, and my vision is slowly getting better. Another checkup in late March. Right now I have no problems reading or using the PC but occasionally my long distance vision goes a little wonky. No driving allowed as yet.

Good news. Just do not over do it on the pc. 😎